Plant Quality Engineer
Are you looking to join a pioneering team working in the evolving world of automotive?
Adler Pelzer Group (APG) - a growing global Tier One supplier of Acoustic and Soft Trim products to the automotive industry recently purchased the Acoustic Division of STS Group. The STS Group is a stock listed, globally leading supplier of components and systems for the commercial vehicle and automotive industries. Together, APG and STS are seeking an experienced Plant Quality Engineer to lead quality in the new plant launch activities in Salem-Roanoke, Virginia.
The Plant Quality Engineer will work closely with the local APG and STS teams as well as the customer and suppliers to assure successful product quality phases before, during and after project launch.
A successful candidate for this role will have at least 3 years of experience in automotive tier 1 customer and supplier quality, ideally familiar with plastics and/or exterior parts such as bumpers. In addition, the candidate for this role will have experience with the various quality tools such as FMEA, PPAP, APQP, and others. This is a high visibility position with growth opportunities.
Plant Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the project deliverables, and the objectives of the customer, in terms of Quality, are met
- Deploy and ensure processes and methodologies are adhered to ( PPAP , PFMEA, control Plan, DCP, etc.)
- Maintain communication and interface between the Customer Quality teams & the STS/APG team
- Manage Quality risk Negotiate Quality criteria with the customer
- Voice of the customer within the project team escalating Quality risks quickly
- Supports the plant and the project team to secure the production launch and ramp-up acting as the link between the Plant Quality team & the project team
- Manage the APQP process with suppliers to ensure start of production in accordance with customer and STS requirements
- Coordinate and manage PPAP files with suppliers
Note: This section is not inclusive. Other duties are assigned as necessary to support team goals.
Please refer to the required list of skills and experience below. Education can be substituted with
equivalent experience. Licenses & Certifications are preferred but not required.Travel Requirements
Travel locally to support the launch of the plant and short travel to customer at times.Benefits:
- Salary range 85-95K per year. Specific salary is commensurate with experience and factors such as relevant experience, education, certifications and licenses, skills, and training.
- Medical, dental, vision, other insurance options
- Paid time off
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Variety of automobile purchase discounts (BMW, Ford, GM, Subaru-many others)
- Tuition reimbursement
To learn more about our Company and our rich history, visit our websites:
www.sts.group and www.adlerpelzer.com
No Unauthorized Referrals from Recruiters & Vendors
We are an equal opportunity employer. STS participate in the E-Verify Program.QualificationsSkills
- Organizational skills
- Negotiation & Influencing
- Documentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.Experience
- 3-6 years: Experience with Quality tools (FMEA / Monitoring plan / Control plan / PPAP / APQP)
- 3-6 years: Plant Quality Engineering experience in the Automotive Supplier industry or similar
- 3-6 years: Experience with the following is highly preferred: CMM - romer arm/Faro arm 7axis scanning ; Polyworks 3D inspector software or comparable; Polyworks Modeler
- 3-6 years: Experience with plastics, polymers, paint, class A / exterior surfaces is highly desired
1501 Roanoke Blvd
Salem, VA 24153
This job has expired.