The West Virginia University Center for Sustainable Biomaterials & Bioenergy (CSBio) is seeking to fill a full-time post-doctoral associate position in sustainable biomaterials & bioenergy with emphasis on biomass supply chain management, LCA/TEA, conversion and carbon management. We anticipate that the position will begin on October 1, 2022.
The West Virginia University Center for Sustainable Biomaterials & Bioenergy (CSBio) promotes the growth of a regional bioeconomy with technological innovations and educational outreach for students and professionals using local agricultural and forest resources. The Center focuses efforts on identifying bioenergy and bioproducts-related economic opportunities in the state of West Virginia and across the Mid-Atlantic region. We provide scientifically proven methodologies and tools to establish, sustain, harvest, and convert wood and agricultural and forest biomass into value-added bioenergy and bioproducts. The long-term goal is to establish a regional bioeconomy through a production system that transforms sustainable biomass to value-added bioenergy and bioproducts. For more information, please visit our website https://bioenergy.wvu.edu/.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs.:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- Paid Time Off
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Assist with acquisition of funding from public, private and governmental sources.
- Assist with development of novel research proposals for sponsor submission.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in high impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Perform laboratory and field experiment activities according to protocol, including independent experimental data analysis.
- Maintain lab equipment and monitor and assure proper use and conditions of lab equipment.
- Provide assistance with supervising both MS and Ph.D. level graduate student research activities.
An earned doctorate in Wood Science, Forest Management, Forest Operations/Engineering, or related disciplines is required at the time of appointment. Experience in wood and biomass processing and manufacturing for value-added bioenergy and biproducts, supply chain and logistics, LCA and TEA, as well as grants writing experience are preferred. Demonstrated ability to prepare extramural funding proposals, to communicate with industry and government agencies, and to work as part of interdisciplinary research groups that cross-cut among science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines is essential.About WVU
Applicants may apply for the position athttp://jobs.wvu.edu and navigate to the position title listed above. Upload the following documents for applications to Assistant/Associate Professor position:
1) Letter of application;
2) Curriculum vitae;
3) Contact information for three professional references.
Direct inquiries should be forwarded to: Jingxin Wang, Jingxin.Wang@mai.wvu.edu, 304-293-7601. Review of applications will begin September 1, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
This job has expired.