GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM
Prep Cook - $16.50/hour
The Big Sur Lodge, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring PrepCooks as we prepare to reopen our food and beverage operations this spring. Previousfood service experience is a plus and candidates must be willing to work aflexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big SurState Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekersof beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that theancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is oftencalled "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged centralCalifornia Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountainrange to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hecticpace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well knownfor its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We worktogether every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and teammembers alike!
This position pays $16.50/hour. We have both Seasonal and Regularopportunities available!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members/a generous commuting stipend for local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of theproperty! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hikethrough the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park,you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Loading and unloading of inventory from trucks.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.