The Principal Analyst is responsible for 1) using healthcare data, such as Medicare Advantage claims, to support targeting and decision-making 2) comprehensive analysis of data using statistical analysis software 3) assuring data quality when performing analyses 4) evaluating initiative effectiveness 5) interpreting data and preparing reports for non-analysts and leadership.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources and conducts analytics using software including, Excel, Oracle (SQL) and SAS. Independently develops SAS code, reports and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Conducts extensive and thorough analysis of Stars and/or HEDIS measures to inform targeting and overall strategy.
- Provides expertise and guidance to team members.
- Analyzes data to support prospective business decisions.
- Provides expertise in analytical methodology, including data analysis, used to facilitate data driven decision making, including the collection and monitoring of metrics used to assess, prioritize, and select improvement projects.
- Creates reports and presents analytics to upper management and executive leadership.
- Summarizes data in a way that is easily ingestible by non-analysts.
- Develops documentation to assist in the performance of tasks and ensure there is no interruption in team deliverables.
- Initiates and leads problem solving efforts working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions that identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and responds to challenges and initiates the actions needed to resolve the issue.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Business Administration, Health Care Economics, Population Health, Statistics, Health Informatics or a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required.
- Seven years experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (e.g., epidemiology,, health care, population health,, statistical modeling, or statistical analysis).
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and SQL data languages.
- Experience managing the programming/analysis of large healthcare datasets (e.g., claims)
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage Stars and/or HEDIS is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to correctly assess what needs to be done, perform job responsibilities and carry out day-to-day activities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to generate original thoughts and ideas while also being aware of the needs and perspectives of others.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional team meetings.
- Strong knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of business intelligence solutions (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to understand and apply statistical inference.