GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
A Failure Analysis Engineer will work with a team to solve complex manufacturing, design, and reliability issues for our customers and colleagues around GLOBALFOUNDRIES. They candidate will perform failure analysis using a variety of analytical techniques in support of customer returns, technology/product qualifications, and reliability monitoring. The individual will work along with other team leaders and technicians to provide electrical and analytic support cross several fault isolation and characterization techniques. These include Photon Emission Microscopy, X-ray Tomography, Acoustic Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy, electrical characterization, visual inspections and more. The engineer will assess and provide direction on appropriate analysis techniques, interpret data and report results back to our customers.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Provide electrical and physical failure analysis support of customer returns, product qualifications, and reliability monitoring fails
- Develop analysis plans for technicians to perform analytical tasks
- Provide timely, clear, and concise communication of job status and results
- Display strong adaptability, flexibility, and positive attitude when dealing with customers, peers, and management
- Report data and relevant findings and share knowledge and technical information to assist others
- Interact regularly with other engineers and technicians to successfully identify root cause for failure
- Possess an understanding of chip BEOL/FEOL stacks and develops new ways to simplify chip delayering processes
- Use chip design layout tools to review designs to isolate defect locations
- Collect and interpret fault isolation, electrical characterization, and physical/materials analysis data to determine paths to root cause identification
- Ensure turnaround time is within acceptable range and results are actionable
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or another related field
- Experience - 2+ years in Semiconductor Field
- Travel - < 5%
- Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Ability to relocate to Burlington, VT
- Physical Capacity Demands - (Recruiter to input and ensure accuracy of these requirements, delete if not applicable)
- 2+ years of Semiconductor Failure Analysis, Manufacturing or Test
- Experience and understanding of Analog and RF circuits and applications
- Analytical laboratory experience using SEM imaging, mechanical polishing, soldering, and fault isolation tools
- Semiconductor Test experience
- Experience with Structured Problem Solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global cross functional team environment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.