The Moderna DMPK team is looking for a talented, curious, and motivated scientist with a track record of pharmaceutical project support to provide DMPK guidance to LNP-mRNA therapeutic projects across multiple disease areas and the platform to contribute to refining the application of ADME and PK principles to this novel therapeutic modality. The successful candidate will apply DMPK expertise in a dynamic team setting to inform discovery and early development phase therapeutic LNP-mRNA project decisions and provide DMPK guidance to ensure successful candidate transition into clinical testing. Applicants should be self-starters with well-developed communication and influencing skills who have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a team driven, rapidly evolving, interactive scientific environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Understand, use, and explain PK/ADME principles to inform and guide the design, assessment, and selection of clinically viable LNP-mRNA therapeutic candidates to discovery project teams
- Effectively engage with the project team to inform and influence study/experimental design and project decisions, develop and execute DMPK scientific plans, and critically review/assess quality of team data and their suitability to inform project decisions
- Integrate DMPK information into the broader project and DMPK functional scientific and operational context and identify when appropriate scientific experts are needed to address DMPK concerns in shaping and executing successful therapeutic strategies
- In collaboration with partner disciplines support determination of FIH dose
- Collaborate in writing Sections 2.4, 2.6.4 and 2.6.5 and other appropriate documents to support IND and other regulatory filings
- In collaboration with partner functions devise and implement therapeutic DMPK strategies
- Actively engage with the DMPK team to increase understanding of and to communicate PK, ADME and DDI relevance to LNP-mRNA therapeutic development
- Expected to engage appropriate scientific experts to address DMPK concerns and ensure that the project team has direct access to these experts where appropriate to efficiently share information and answer project questions.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- PhD in Pharmacy, Pharmacometrics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with 6+ years (or MS with 12+ years) of BioPharma industrial experience in DMPK
- Familiarity with DMPK and ADME principles and standard industry practices pertaining to PK, ADME, and DDI analysis of biomolecular therapeutics
- At least 5 years of direct DMPK project representation experience in biopharma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with biomolecule, gene therapy, or mRNA therapeutics is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with PK and PKPD modeling softwares is a plus
- Experience in regulatory document writing and regulatory interactions
- Candidate will be diligent in documenting and communicating experimental methods/results, curious in exploring science to establish a new path for drug discovery/development and bold in proposing creative experimental designs and DMPK functional strategies. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in transforming LNP-mRNA therapeutic scientific understanding while delivering successful clinical candidates
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.