Job Summary: A Principal UX Designer I takes on difficult and complex creative problems and solves them. She/he leads the design strategy and creative toolkit for multiple businesses or product lines. She/he is an expert user of a number of design tools. She/he mentors and trains the design
Customer (or User) Focus
• Deeply understands customer use cases and knows how to drive added clarity when needed.
• Deeply understands competitor product set and strategy and how it influences customer decisions.
• Partners with data scientist to better understand customer needs.
Creative Problem Solving
• Targets the 'wicked problems' of the organisation.
• Identifies if we are addressing the right problem with a thorough analysis of the brief.
• Applies a highly skilled level of critical and design thinking.
• Independently identifies innovative creative solutions.
• Iterates and tests solution to check it solves the problem.
• Shares and promotes learnings that drive forward the creative direction of the organisation.
• Leads and drives the UCD vision for the most complex problems.
• Looks beyond the current release cycle and explores future scenarios.
• Works with UX Researcher to understand the user needs, making proactive use of insights to set design principles.
• Defines and evangelizes the interaction patterns that become key drivers of the UI Brand of the company.
• Defines user experience for the portfolio and execute strategic user research.
• Helps to define the product strategy.
• Communicates and evangelizes the importance of real customer engagement within product development.
Data Driven Analysis & Testing
• Extracts most relevant data to offer a unique UX research strategy.
• Mentors other UX researchers in data driven analysis and testing.
• Identifies gaps where data is needed and introduces new analytical tools.
• Regularly oversees the testing of design work.
• Presents findings of data driven analysis and testing to guide the organisation.
• Expert knowledge of the tech stack of the organisation.
• Power user of design and protoyping software (Axure, Sketch, Invsion).
• Is a key point of contact for product and tech teams.
• Offers masterclasses to train other designers.
• Produces pixel perfect designs across all platforms.
• Trials and introduces new tools to the organisation.
• Models self-development and supports others to take development actions
• Creates an atmosphere of continual improvement, in which self and others are encouraged to exceed the expected results
• Seeks out high-level sponsors and mentors
• Seeks out future career moves and job assignments
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
• Identifies and highlights new trends, potential problems and opportunities early
• Effectively coaches others on how to analyze information to solve problems
• Encourages and coaches others to seek alternative ways to solve complex problems
• Actively contributes to team culture of innovation
• Focuses innovative effort on highest impact issues and areas
• Encourages and supports others to share new ideas
• Is willing to take calculated risks
• Learns quickly from success and failure and effectively applies learning
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Delivers presentations clearly and with high impact
• Develops a trusted 2-way communication interface between the team and stakeholders
• Provides a definite sense of direction and purpose
• Provides people with a clear understanding of how their work fits within a wider organisation
Collaboration and Teamwork
• Promotes a high level of cooperation between all members of the work group
• Keeps team informed of all relevant information affecting the organisation, team members and their work
• Achieves objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people in other parts of the organisation
• Takes the lead in resolving conflict within a work group
• Looks for ways for team to work with other teams and divisions
• Balances "getting results" with a concern for others' needs
• Is in touch with issues and concerns of individuals within the work group
• Initiates contact with other teams or divisions to build relationships that enhance the business results
• Is trusted by members of work group and across the organisation
• Adds value to the relationship
• Manages conflict within work groups
Experience (US Only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of Experience: 10 - 15 years
Critical Experiences (Required for entry into this role): N/A
Education to Qualify:
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Fort Meade, Maryland
Posted 12 minutes ago
La Plata, Maryland
Posted 9 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago