Novelis - Guthrie, KY is seeking a dynamic and experienced Process Engineer for our greenfield startup in Guthrie, KY. The Process Engineer is responsible for providing advanced business process management expertise in areas of process and product quality control, development of new processes/products/practices, application of statistics and identification and resolution of customer problems including technical service to customers.
We are looking for a collaborative team player with initiative to own and drive Process Quality in alignment with the facilities WCM® excellence. A successful candidate will be self-directed and will have the ability to communicate with team members at all levels.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Responsible for the site business management system maintenance and update including interfaces with external organizations primarily NOVI and ATL.
- Responsible for regulatory requirements and standards certifications as required by the business unit. Primarily IATF 16949 and ISO 9001- 2015 and customer specific requirements.
- Plans and leads internal audit function and is responsible for planning and organization readiness for the annual registrar (SAI) and corporate audits. As well as customer audits, surveys and assessments as needed.
- Responsible for document control and repository key user (EtQ).
- Supports Process Leader and PPQ Leader on management reviews, major quality initiatives and process improvements.
- Assessment and resolution of process deviations that lead to decreased quality, utilization and throughput.
- Development of process control strategy to ensure long-term product and process capability.
- Development and implementation of projects ranging in scope from near-immediate needs to long term strategic initiatives to optimize the business management system.
- Participation in the development of new products- process documentation and refinement of existing ones for end use effectiveness, manufacturing cost control and market development.
- Determination and elimination of the causes of quality defects, champion problem-solving methodologies with preference on 8D's, A3, DMAIC.
- Use WCM methodologies to resolve customer complaints and troubleshoot internal quality concerns. (Often involving provision of technical assistance and advice to the customer.)
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific discipline is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in metallurgy chemical engineering is preferred.
- This position requires minimum of three years of experience in relevant Quality management system responsibility with auto industry emphasis in a large tier one organization.
- Assignments of increasing complexity and magnitude addressing implementation of IATF 16949 and will normally have worked in at least several deployment initiatives.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Personal traits should include the ability to utilize human relation skills to motivate, train, understand, and develop others to attain the objectives.
- Desire to take initiative and develop a pro-active relationship with employees through follow-up, understanding their needs and fostering a collaborative relationship.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Must also possess leadership skills to direct, lead and develop other personnel to accomplish personal, plant and corporate objectives.
Novelis' Guthrie facility is located in Guthrie Kentucky approximately 30 minutes from the Tennessee state line near Clarksville Tennessee and Hopkinsville Kentucky. As Novelis' newest facility Guthrie will house a heat treatment and pretreatment line that will serve the North American automotive market and employ 125 residents. In addition to hunting fishing and hiking residents enjoy the Guthrie Transportation Museum which is the hub of the city's renewal efforts. The Guthrie team enjoys partnerships with Hopkinsville Community College Todd County High School Guthrie Fire Department and several local Rotary Clubs. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.