Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
The Process Engineer will drive process focused projects and standardization of processes, driving expertise within development for new products, advanced applications and technologies, and equipment capability and maintenance.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
* Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience with large process systems is preferred
* Demonstrated experience working directly on the plant floor with process equipment developing process controls
* Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis
* Six Sigma training is a plus
* Track record of successful project management
* Experience in working in a team environment
* Experience with MS Project and Auto-Cad is preferred
* Basic personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) are required
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common training, technical journals, statistical reports and blueprints/schematics
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Advanced math skills, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams
* Listen and communicate effectively with internal clients, employees and contractors/vendors
* Develop presentations to be delivered to employee groups and management
* Ability to identify root cause and develop permanent solution action steps
* A bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
* Certifications for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, or maintenance would be beneficial
* Component machining and assembly equipment - diagnose issues and oversee repair -- develop tracking and preventative/predictive maintenance
* Maintain control over all aspects of machining, dust extraction, assembly, adhesives
* Sanding -- specify material used for both automatic and hand systems-- vendor review -- training -- tracking
* Operator equipment training -- develop and update materials used as they relate to equipment. Oversee training of new operators if required
* Assist maintenance with complex electrical or mechanical problems when support is required
* Insure proper filing of all technical documents related to component operations (i.e. -electrical prints and PLC/VFD programs)
* Oversee/perform machine upgrades - electrical/mechanical as required to improve uptime or first pass yield
* Provide constant upgrades (and training to maintenance) on PM system -- based on experience gained
* Lead improvements to predictive maintenance program -- vibration analysis, thermograph, amp draw graphing, profile analysis, etc.
* Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects
* Ensures policies are followed and provides guidance
* Support and represent company as a union-free environment
* Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
* Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
* Perform other tasks or duties as directed by manager
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and occasionally required to sit
* The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally working on a ladder
* Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor.
* This position will not have direct reports
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head
* Reports to: Plant Engineering Manager
* Occasional weekend work may be required
* Travel Requirements:
* Minimum travel (10-20%) associated with this position
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Posted about 1 hour ago