As a Procurement Category Manager, you will be responsible for full-scope procurement for assigned categories to improve our costs and optimize supplier performance to enable the efficient operation of the business. This role analyzes the supplier lifecycle from current spend to supplier contracts and service to identify opportunities for improvement and then act upon them through such tasks as administering the RFP process, making recommendations to the VP of Procurement, and managing the supplier performance. In support of optimization and making the best decisions possible, the Category Manager will also be responsible for leading data analytics and dashboard management. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, analytical and technical skills, and be able to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
* Develop and recommend category spend strategies and solutions to the VP of Procurement.
* Design specifics spend savings levers and targets, ensuring best practices across the procurement lifecycle.
* Aligns key stakeholders and suppliers for successful policy deployment implementation.
* Conduct sourcing events by developing statements of work, creating requests for proposals (RFP)'s, and managing the supplier proposal process.
* Assist in the negotiation strategy and contractual lifecycle.
* Establish targets/goals for the division and track category results, including monitoring KPIs related to external spend and supplier performance.
* Produce regularly updated dashboards and reports to track delivery of overall category-level performance and the identification of new opportunities.
* Analytic champion, effective troubleshooter that can identify gaps and large-scale opportunities.
* Drive continuous improvement in category spend processes and supplier performance.
* Develop effective communication and processes with various teams across the organization, including the Purchasing Operations team, Center of Excellence, and branches.
* Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
* Facilitate operational relationships with preferred suppliers to maximize the use of preferred supplier programs.
* Partner with Purchasing Operations Manager to support operational execution.
* Partner with Procurement Center of Excellence Manager to support process. excellence
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; Master's degree, MBA or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional Supply Manager (CPSM) certification preferred.
* 3 years procurement/sourcing experience required, 5+preferred.
* Deep understanding of procurement processes and best practices.
* Strong analytical capabilities.
* Exceptional proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
* Ability to assist in the design of systems and processes for efficient data collection and storage.
* Experience with data modeling, dashboard visualization, and presentation.
* Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
* Skilled in project management and can be counted on to meet deadlines.
* High interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive improvement across the organization directly and horizontally across our branches.
* Understanding of products and services required for crane rental operations -OR- work ethic and ability to quickly learn about a wide range of key procurement categories.
* Willingness to travel as needed to foster relationships with regional leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 24 minutes ago