Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Product Compliance Manager
Who we are
For over fifty years OMEGA Engineering has been a pioneer in the design, manufacture, and distribution of sensors and instrumentation for process measurement and control. Today we offer 100,000 products for temperature, humidity, pressure, strain, force, flow, level, pH, conductivity, data acquisition, and electric heating. Customers choose OMEGA for our product quality, exceptional customer service, and easy on-line ordering via 24 country-specific websites. Our technical support engineers have the knowledge to ensure customers find the right solution for their needs-whether off-the-shelf, configured, or custom designed. Omega Engineering is part of Spectris plc since 2011. Spectris is a leading supplier of productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls.
Omega Engineering is looking for a Leader with Product Compliance experience to establish and run a best-in-class Global Compliance program. As Product Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that Omega Engineering's products are compliant to global market requirements, including industry certifications, government regulations, and directive requirements, such as CE, UL, RoHS, REACH, CA Prop 65, Conflict Minerals, KC, 3A, EHEDG, ATEX, FM, CSA, FCC, etc. This position is highly collaborative in nature and the individual will develop, optimize, and maintain the necessary processes and systems to ensure that Engineering, Product Management, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement departments maintain the necessary processes, procedures, and documentation to adhere to all regulatory and certification requirements. In addition, as new products are being developed, the individual will ensure global certification requirements are understood and realized. The focus will be on various temperature sensors, pressure sensors, wireless devices, IIoT, and other industrial electrical/electronic products. The candidate will work with Global Sales and Distribution Offices as well as Manufacturing sites to understand, establish, and maintain product compliance.
The Compliance Manager role can be located out of the Swedesboro, NJ, Sunbury, OH, or Norwalk, CT office, with occasional travel to the other Omega offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Establish and lead a best-in-class Global Compliance Program. Implement and maintain a system for collecting, storing, and analyzing Compliance data for Omega products.
- Hold subject matter expertise on all certifications and regulations that apply to Omega Engineering products. Track and understand both existing and emerging compliance practices and standards and how they apply to Omega. Research new compliances as they emerge.
- Lead the Product Compliance Team. Set direction and priority for new and existing Compliance projects.
- Own Environmental Regulatory Compliances such as RoHS, REACH, CA Proposition 65, Conflict Minerals Reporting, TSCA, POPs, etc. Work with internal supply chain team and external data collection agencies to gather compliance information from vendors and make determinations on Omega products
- Own Performance and Safety Certifications for both industry and country specific compliances, such as CE, UL, CSA, FM, ATEX, 3A, EHEDG, KC, etc. Work with resale vendors to obtain certification documentation. Collaborate with internal Engineering teams to design products that meet these certifications and create documentation and declarations to support.
- Hold subject matter expertise and facilitate the enhancement of current counterfeit parts processes to align with industry and regulatory standards
- Collaborate directly with Customers and Sales teams to answer their compliance inquiries
- Work with Product Management to understand what regulations or certifications are needed to sell new or existing products into new industries or geographical regions. Aid the Engineering teams in the design of new products to meet these Compliances and/or Certifications
- Educate other members of the organization in Engineering, Product Management, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Legal, and Production departments on certification and regulatory compliance requirements. Coordinate process ownership and responsibilities of these compliances with the various departments.
- Establish relationships with certification labs and manage domestic and international qualification of both wired and wireless products through certification & registration processes such as FCC, UL, IC, ETSI and other product level qualification processes
- Coordinate with Legal and Export Compliance departments to ensure the correct rules and procedures are in place for marketing and shipping Omega products internationally
- Manage and oversee compliance personnel career development
- Strive to improve culture, engagement, and happiness within the Organization
- BS degree in Engineering or related Science.
- 5+ years of experience with RoHS, REACH, Prop 65, and other environmental compliance regulations for industrial and/or consumer electronics products
- 5+ years of experience with product certification (UL, CE, ATEX) requirements and approval submissions for industrial and/or consumer electronic products
- 5+ years of experience in country specific certification requirements (CE, CSA, KC, CCC, etc.) for industrial and/or consumer electronics products
- 3+ years experience in a supervisory or leadership role
This job has expired.
- Experience with temperature, pressure, flow, or other process sensors and instruments
- Experience with RF/EMC testing