At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Crystal IS where we are partnering with customers to make the world a healthier, safer place with UVC LEDs that support disinfection and sensing applications around the world.
Crystal IS, Inc.
Green Island, NY
Director of Product Management
The Product Manager is an important member of the Product Management team reporting to the Director of Product Management and will help to define the business strategy, product strategy, marketing strategy, tactics and commercialization plans for Crystal IS's UVC LED Water Treatment products.
This role requires the ability to develop an evidence backed market plan which binds a product strategy to the markets and defines the tactics needed to drive success in sales and achieve results. The PM will be required to back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to support the development of products and drive positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. The PM will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand within the assigned territory. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical for success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product's value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers' problems and generate end use benefit (in the customers terms)
The job responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing growth strategies for current products in new market segments and non-buying customers in current segments.
- Identification of new business opportunities and product enhancements
- Market intelligence- Proficient at engaging end user markets to understand the value, benefit and needs which are technology can generate. Then establishing a clear value proposition with value-chain stakeholders.
- Understand the competitive landscape-be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Map and build a business canvas to accurately capture supply chain and profit pools.
- Understand and document our buyer's process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Establish industry and executive relationships within targeted segments to support strategic business Development
- Collaborate with marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with target buyer personas.
- Develop and execute growth plans.
- Plan and execute the launch of new products and releases of existing products to targeted segments.
- Facilitate development of high impact sales tools.
- Educate and set priorities for the sales force in terms of markets, products and solutions.
- Manage every aspect of a product's development from conception to completion by interfacing with Stakeholders.
- 5+ years of product/marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a senior customer-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to executives, stakeholders, industry experts and prospects
- Proficient presenting and discussing engineering concepts/principles.
- Track record of building effective executive relationships with technical and commercial decision makers
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization and cross-functional team-based environment.
- Ability to manage through conflict and differences of opinion.
- Self- directed with an ability to set priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship-building, and people management skills. (Shall meet with internal and external customers, designers, engineers, senior executives, sales team, marketing team, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering or a related technical field. MBA and advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in working with computer technologies and applications: Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Projects
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and an excellent communicator.
- Strong ability to quickly understand scientific concepts/background/data and be able to implement into feasible business opportunity.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 20% of the time including international travel is required
Crystal IS Inc. is a leading manufacturer of UVC LEDs for optical sensing and disinfection of water, air and surfaces. Our proprietary technology in semiconductor substrates (Aluminum Nitride) is used to create unique and highly differentiated deep UVC LED products that power innovative distributed sensors, HAI reduction in Healthcare and address growing microbial threats in global water and air quality. To learn more, visit www.cisuvc.com .
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.