Support the business objectives of the Spartan Mower Division and the Intimidator Group by efficiently and effectively managing assigned mowing products through their entire lifecycle. Key functions include: identifying unmet customer needs and growth opportunities and communicating them via the multi-generation product planning process (MGPP); leading new product development projects, ensuring that customer requirements are met, and that schedule and financial targets are achieved; working with Marketing and Communications Managers to effectively launch new products strongly and successfully while providing clear direction regarding other day-to-day product management tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, present, and execute an annual multi-generation product plan for assigned products.
- Deliver against annual net sales, retail sales, and inventory goals for product line(s).
- Lead new product development projects, utilizing TTC's product development stage gate process, serving as the advocate for the customer, and developing and communicating clear product specifications, functionality, capabilities, performance and accessories.
- Collaborate with engineering and test functions to ensure appropriate design criteria and test plan for quality and lowest possible warranty.
- Coordinate Voice of the Customer (VOC) activities and other market research required to fully understand customer requirements and drive decisions for assigned product line(s).
- Develop product launch plans in collaboration with market managers and marketing communications teams.
- Provide Spartan internal sales people and channel partners with timely and accurate product information.
- Engage in the Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) process, with primary responsibility for annual sales and inventory projections, as well as model line-up transition planning and execution as appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze retail sales, distributor order activity, and field inventory position.
- Participate in product development and design and cost improvement (DCI) team meetings on a regular basis.
- Plan and deliver product sales training, including participation in live training events and recorded product webinars.
- Develop content for sales training tools and marketing collateral materials.
- Prudently manage product line budget(s).
- Monitor competitive product activity, and develop competitive product comparisons for use in training the Spartan sales teams.
- Collaborate with regional marketing managers, sales team, and finance team regarding market and product pricing strategies.
- Contribute to monthly project review meetings and project approval meetings.
- Participate in Product Quality Initiative (PQI) team analysis, action plans, and reports.
- Support industry trade shows, customer experience events, and other key divisional events, activities and initiatives.
- Complete other special assignments, duties, and tasks as required.
- Effectively manage product portfolio, including marketing budget responsibilities, as assigned.
- Contribute and participate in the long-range and annual planning process.
- Work closely with director team, market managers, and marketing communications teams.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional working relationships with engineering, sales and customer care departments.
- Travel requirement: up to 40-50%.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales or Marketing. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years experience within Sales or Marketing.
- Experience in product development and managing profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Experience marketing through a business-to-business dealer system is highly preferred.
- Technical understanding and functional competency of durable whole goods.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, influencing ability, and effective participation on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly understand target markets, clearly articulate customer needs, and propose product concepts and solutions to Spartan internal personnel to drive incremental growth.
- Self-starter with a bias for action and ability to simultaneously lead multiple project teams.
- Strong technical aptitude enabling communication, understanding, and collaboration between technical service and engineering.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and synthesize a significant amount of complex information and work with team members to make sound business, product and financial decisions.
- Strong analytical abilities to review and summarize data for presentation, direction and decision making.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of products.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.