Inspects and packs glass containers on production lines.
What Ardagh Group Offers:
- Reselects and/or replaces ware as required. Receives assignments from supervisor and special instructions from auditor.
- Visually inspects glass containers for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Inspects cartons and interiors for damage and packs acceptable ware into specified shipping containers.
- Discards defective ware into cullet conveyor or proper receptacle for removal.
- Unjams carton and ware conveyor systems automatic inspection equipment and case packers to maintain flow of product.
- Reports defects and machine malfunctions to Auditors and Supervisor. Reselects andor repacks ware in cartons discards defective ware places cartons on pallet following predetermined pattern.
- Remains at work station at all times except when on authorized relief.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintains safety through good housekeeping and good work methods.
- Pay starting at $21.71/hour with shift dfiferentials
- Progressive wage increases: $1.00 on the hour increase for the first 2 years
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Full-time hours with potential for overtime
- Employer-provided PPE
- Career advancement opportunities
About Ardagh Group
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Strong stable work history with no gaps in employment history.
- Some specialized knowledge of inspection methods. Knowledge of usage of gauging and testing equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to independently maintain a clean and organized work area. Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Ability to follow and retain directions as well as manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to reach a common goal.
- Environment and Physical Requirements Positions are in union environment inside a factory type building slightly dirty and noisy.
- Candidates must be able to swing shifts alternating between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market: