AZZ Galvanizing- Denver
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the production supervisor in coordinating the work of a group of production workers.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
At least three months related experience is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs, knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Spends time performing production tasks similar to those of other group members, and usually does troubleshooting, minor equipment maintenance or setup, etc.
- Operates all cranes properly and safely.
- May add specified amounts of chemicals to equipment at required times to maintain solution levels and concentrations.
- Examines all material prior to pickling to ensure proper venting and hanging techniques are utilized.
- Inspects all material, once material has moved through the pickling process, to ensure proper cleaning has occurred.
- Examines all material to ensure proper venting and proper cleaning procedures and hanging techniques are utilized.
- Visually inspects equipment (i.e. tanks, cranes) prior to moving material through the pickling process to ensure no cracks or leaks.
- Visually inspects all equipment (i.e. kettle, cranes, etc.) prior to moving material to ensure no maintenance is needed.
- Confers with supervisors or other equipment operators to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve production problems.
- Adds correct quantities of chemicals, zinc and/or zinc brightener.
- Assists with removing dross.
- Assists production supervisor in overseeing the kettle, pickle, weigh out or other operational areas.
- Directs personnel on work assignments within a group based upon management's recommendations.
- May serve as a direct report for specific personnel.
Consist of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.Physical Demands:
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.Schedule:
- Complex Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Raw Materials
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Commerce City, COJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.