Supervises and coordinates plant manufacturing operations, including production and shipment. Ensures that shipping goals, cost objectives and quality standards are met. Reviews order and production schedules, determines work force required and directs operations through subordinate supervisors. Follows progress of production, anticipates, or investigates major causes of delays, and ensures that corrective action is taken. Maintains a continuous review of schedules, methods standards or other production factors, and makes effective recommendations for continuous improvement of quality costs.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
· Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards and to develop budget and cost controls.
· Communicates to all shift leader’s production plans, activities and established production priorities. Directs trains and coaches all shift leaders on company policies and procedures.
· Informs the human resources department when personnel problems arise and assists with the hiring of new employees.
· Reviews employee performance evaluation and coaches all shift on how to complete the employee evaluations.
· Coordinate with the human resource department all employee disciplinary reports and or terminations.
· Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
· Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
· Work with production and inventory control to revise production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
· Consult with engineering personnel relative to modifications of machines and equipment to improve production and quality products.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
· Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
· Devel0ps or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with procedures and standards.
· Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
· Participates in the safety team and the AIB team and helps to plan for safety and plant protection activities.
· Cooperates with other members of management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
· Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
· Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description, and Supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
· Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as to the best of own ability.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· At least seven years' experience in all areas of plant operation or related experience
· Up to 5% travel, in support of corporate initiatives
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.