At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
General Duties of the Job:
- Provide direction, facilitation, and support for the daily execution of the Production and Process Engineering department's operating plan.
- Provide leadership and coordination within the Production and Process Engineering areas. Directly supervise production supervisors, scheduler, and exempt process engineering staff.
- Responsible for all reporting area budgets (Production and Process Engineering).
- Oversight of production planning and scheduling.
- Disciplined operation of all equipment and processes consistent with standard operating procedures and standard operating conditions.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement and effective problem solving.
- Monitor technician certification and progression in line with overall organizational direction.
- Facilitate cross functional effectiveness for planning and troubleshooting with functional groups - ESH, PEG, Warehouse, Maintenance, and Quality.
- Challenge status quo by developing and recommending modifications to existing processes and methodologies with a constant focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Provide written and oral reports as required.
- Provide individual feedback to technicians and supervisors along with appropriate communications with all production teams. Resolve personnel issues by analyzing data, investigating, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Coordinate Production with Sales & Operations Planning team - setting production plans/priorities to achieve business objectives.
- Prepare plans and schedules to ensure effective resource management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in plant efficiency, material utilization and maintenance procedures.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategies to ensure proper resource utilization for efficient equipment operation, consistency of applications, and long term viability of manufacturing process.
- Investigate manufacturing process problems, perform root cause analysis, and develop plans to correct and prevent future occurrences.
- Identify and track performance indicators and make changes for improvement.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and oversee the on-going development of the Production and Plant Engineering department staff.
- Participate in employee performance management (goal setting, performance expectations and standards, performance reviews, on-going feedback, pro-active coaching, development planning, and corrective action); develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of production and engineering staff.
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the production and plant engineering departments; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all department staff and employees.
- Bachelor of Science (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred).
- Experience within Manufacturing and/or Engineering in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Experience with plastic extrusion equipment, web handling equipment, and rotation equipment preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9000 or similar quality system is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership role is desired.
- Well-developed Communication (written and verbal) and Interpersonal Skills, with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong emphasis on execution of multiple projects and people/team leadership.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/JIT, Kaizan, Kanban, 5S, and Poke Yoke techniques.
- Strengths in motivation, collaboration, initiative and attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Have the ability to work on a high performing team creating an environment where open and honest communication is the norm.
- Ability to build effective workplace relationships, motivating employees, and supporting employee development.
- Know how to evaluate the team effectiveness, and how to improve the team's performance.
- Must be able to deal with conflict productively, bringing forth issues that need to be discussed and work to forge a mutually beneficial outcome.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.