This job has expired.
Provides professional materials planning and scheduling support to the organization including close coordination with Sales, Customer Service and Manufacturing departments. Maintains and improves MRP system parameters and planning systems, generates and releases work orders, reschedules by Order Action reports, and maintains area capacity plans and product forecasts. Supports internal customers in all areas relating to availability of product as well as scheduling and capacity information. Supports production plans set by Master schedulers to achieve planned production levels and to provide excellent customer service as well as meet company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain all MRP or applicable scheduling systems pertaining to the management and scheduling activities required for work order and capacity planning. Communicates with internal customers and coordinates material requirements.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal customers, other Carlisle facilities and Sales staff.
* Supports production planning processes to ensure the organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations. Supports sales activities, new product introduction, and other customer demand fulfillment activities.
* Understands terms and conditions, order confirmation, revision and change notice processes, and other processes within the facility affecting production planning activities.
* Maintains and continuously improves MRP system or other Capacity Planning system parameters and processes for effective use of system planning and scheduling capabilities.
* Supports schedule and release direction provided by the Master Scheduler for manufacturing orders within the facility.
* Proactively pursues the elimination of shortages that impact or may impact production and shipments.
* Follows applicable Standard operating procedures to ensure proper execution of scheduling and capacity planning.
* Processes RMAs and other transactions daily using the MRP system and related ancillary data sources/toolsets developed for this activity, including other databases and spreadsheets.
* Performs routine clerical tasks such as proofreading, maintaining logs &/or updating information such as Key Performance Indicators/Targets-To-Improve, SQDC(I) boards, periodic planning reports, other location requirements regarding customer and product quality, service, lead-time, etc.
* Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
* Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
* Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
* This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic.
These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs.
In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toe shoes in required areas
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses in required areas
* Hearing protection, in required locations
* Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products.
It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Minimal travel but can be up to 15%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
* Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience is required.
Bachelor's degree (Business or Supply Chain) is preferred.
* One (1) or more years of progressive experience in planning and scheduling position(s) is required.
Cable and electronic component planning experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first module of APICS Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program (or equivalent) within one years of employment is required.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent ability to learn and/or materials management skills including Planning and Scheduling techniques and methodologies, General Manufacturing knowledge, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), general knowledge of Engineering Change processes, Inventory Control, Transactional Management, and critical thinking and problem-solving capability.
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* Solid organizational interface skills.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
* An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image. Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a positive team environment
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, suppliers, and employees.
Portrays a positive and professional image.
Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds, and educational levels.
* Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as probability such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to job-related situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Excellent knowledge of ERP systems (SAP MM and PP module knowledge is preferred).
* Proficient in MS Office, MS-Access are beneficial.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 2 minutes ago
Posted 2 minutes ago
Posted less than a minute ago