DAP has an exciting opportunity for a Production Scheduler-Planner at our Baltimore, MD Plant. In this role, you will be accountable for developing production schedules that will meet inventory and production order requirements; adjusting as required based on changes in demand and actual production results.
- Using information from corporate systems, develop schedules for assigned packaging lines to maintain target inventory levels, promotion requests and customer orders, and to optimize utilization of assets. Update schedules based on changes in demand and production performance.
- Work closely with packaging and raw material inventory analysts to ensure adequate supplies for production schedules. Communicate regularly with corporate personnel to incorporate longer-range forecasts into plan.
- Communicate regularly with production and compounding leaders regarding schedules, including prioritization of lines, backup plans and changing requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of plant trials, promotions, packaging changes, and special projects as needed.
- On a daily basis, reconcile finished goods between corporate systems, to ensure consistency. Take corrective measures as necessary. Review transaction adjustments to ensure accuracy.
- Assist plant leadership by performing necessary duties during annual physical inventory.
- 1 to 5 years of production planning experience.
- Special training beyond high school or Associate's degree; (Manufacturing job experience can be substituted for post-secondary education; bachelors' degree can be substituted for manufacturing job experience)
- Logical reasoning abilities; knowledge of processes, applications, terminology, forecasting and facility capabilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP's history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/ DAP - On the job since 1865.