Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor who will grow at our Growing Media facility in Olivehurst, CA!
Growing Media, a network of 45 plants across North America, produces branded consumer products such as mulch and soil for lawn and garden care.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and thrive in a fast-paced operations environment, then you will fit in well as a Scotts Production Supervisor role. On a day-to-day basis, you will have the responsibility for driving employee engagement, safety, product quality, productivity, order delivery, and customer service. In this role, you have the ability to positively impact the plant's overall performance and our customers' satisfaction.
What you'll do in this role:
- Plan and execute short-term operating objectives/goals that are aligned to deliver desired production capacity, shipping, and people capabilities. Assist plant manager with long-term future state planning efforts.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and coaching to full-time and temporary hourly associates on the production floor, driving enhanced plant operations in the areas of safety, production, equipment maintenance, warehousing, shipping, office management, and/or field operations.
- Assigns work and monitors progress; creates associate work schedules.
- Apply knowledge of processes, equipment, and system capability to set challenging individual, team, and facility standards.
- Foster and maintain a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs, ensuring all shipped products meet customer quality requirements.
- Assists with establishing and monitoring plant operating budget and shipments forecast; identify and implement continuous improvement efforts to positively affect profitability.
- Collaborate with regional operations and sales members to ensure product supply levels and customer service.
- Build people capability through effective associate relations, hiring, training, evaluation of associate work performance, and transparent communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel.
- Prepare and/or maintain various logs, records and reports, such as production, maintenance, inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies, parts, and/or equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health & safety regulations, ordinances, and permit requirements. Executes and enforces government, company and plant policies and procedures.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, or other related fields.
- 2-5 years of management experience in manufacturing or warehousing. Prior experience leading in a direct store delivery environment highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing including safety culture, quality assurance, team building, continuous improvement, production scheduling and customer service.
- Leads with an Entrepreneurial Spirit - curious, actively seeks out change, energized by new, tough assignments and overcoming obstacles, resilient, takes well-reasoned risks, and consistently executes.
- Demonstrates strong People Agility - authentic, transparent, self-aware, inspires others to perform at a high level, connects and builds a wide range of working relationships, and values the diversity of thought, style, and perspective.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- The desire to be "hands-on" - this role requires regular presence on the plant floor.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Strong computer skills are required.
What makes this role unique:
- Our business is stable and growing with 21 million new customers entering the lawn and garden category since last year.
- You will be exposed to all levels of the organization. You will not be just a number but a valuable contributor to our team and organization.
- At Scotts, everyday is a new day. You will be encouraged to think outside the box, operate with autonomy, challenge the status quo. We are energized by high changed environments and are comfortable with ambiguity.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K match (up to 7.5%). No waiting period on vesting or match.
- Discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), and Scotts Young Professionals
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law