Are you ready to start a new career with aLEADERin the industry andWORLD CLASSteam!
What we offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary with Performance Bonus
- PTO Available as of DAY ONE
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Pension Plan (free to all employees)
- Full Medical, Health & Wellness Benefits start on FIRST DAY
- Take Home Company Vehicle
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating production operating activities at the designated plant(s).This position will interact with all Plant personnel to achieve the highest levels of safety, production, efficiency, and housekeeping while meeting goals set forth in the business and profit plans.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Overall responsibility for planning and staffing operations for multiple recycling sites within the district.
- Assist Management in the scheduling and timing of repairs to all equipment in the Plant.
- Monitor Plant operations on a daily basis to ensure production and QC standards are maintained.Take corrective action when deficiencies occur.
- Monitoring and reporting of safety and production KPIs.
- Ensure personnel comply with Federal, State and Company safety and environmental rules and regulations through periodic inspections of site, plant machinery, equipment, personal activities and working conditions.
- Develop and nurture empowered/self-directed work teams in all phases of the operation.
- Purchase or direct the purchase of supplies and equipment in accordance with Martin Marietta's Controllers policies - recommend vendors to reduce costs.
- Coordinate staffing with the Plant Manager to properly and safely operate the plant and coordinate the same needs with labor law compliance and affirmative action with the Human Resource Department.
- Supervisory responsibility involving staffing, performance appraisals, training and development, promotions, salary increases, discipline, and motivating staff.
- Assist in the development of the annual human resources business plan and ensure continual development of employees through training, cross training and other development tools.
- Generate profit plans, AFEs, market analyses and special reports for the approval of Plant Manager.
- Maintain operation security.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS Degree in Mining or related field preferred.
- 3 years supervisory or related experience preferred.
- Experienced in Mining and Crushing.
- Knowledgeable in MSHA regulations and compliance.
- Computer / PC literate.
- Must be able to communicate (read, write, speak) effectively in English.
- Strong organizational and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of plant components and departmental cost and production.
- Be willing to prepare for future growth potentials within plant and company.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving history, and meet insurance requirements (MVR).
- Ability to travel to other plants or remote sites, by car or other commercial means.May include overnight stays and extended periods away from home base.
- Work extended and non-traditional hours as required.
- Ability to walk, stand, and kneel for extended periods in varying weather conditions and terrain.
- Climb stairs and ladders as high as 100' in elevation.
- Physical ability to climb on equipment to provide supervision as needed.
- Must be able to wear PPE including hard-hat, steel-toed boots, safety eyewear, and hearing protection.
Will work in varied environments including normal office setting and outdoors (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions).
Exposure to cement, clay, limestone, shale, and other raw materials and various chemicals, solvents and lubricants.DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.