At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a 'Top 50' Business in Frederick, and Frederick County's 'Best Place to Work' distinction in 2015 and 2019.
We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We are committed to continuous learning and offer ongoing skill building and training for our staff and encourage additional secondary schooling with tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $10,000 each year. The FMC is also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a 'Top 50' Business in Frederick and awarded Frederick County's 'Best Place to Work' distinction in 2015 and 2019. Come join our award-wining team and support the manufacture of life-changing medicines for patients across the world.
Why Join Operations?
Here we turn molecules to medicines, bringing our Research & Development pipeline to life through a rigorous process of development, manufacturing, testing and delivery. In our fast-paced, growing environment, embrace an exciting opportunity to build a long-term, varied career. With a huge variety of global opportunities and learning from other teams this is the place to embrace lifelong learning and build capabilities, setting your own direction and pace.
If you have the passion and the drive to accelerate growth and make people's lives better - then this is the place for you.
What you'll do:
As a Production Supervisor-Night Shift in the Manufacturing group at Frederick, MD, you'll conduct daily supervising and performing on-the-floor operations pertaining to biologics manufacture in a cGMP environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all process steps of upstream / downstream / central services production operations
- Ability to generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in the manufacture of biological based products. Execution of validation protocols as required. Advanced knowledge of cGMP standards.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations commonly encountered
- Advanced equipment knowledge to perform first line trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associates and/or High School Diploma acceptable with appropriate experience required
- BS/BA degree preferred in biological sciences or biotechnology/life sciences is accepted
- Masters' degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in pilot or commercial biologics manufacturing under cGMP with Bachelors.
- 3-5 years of experience with Masters' degree.
- 10-15 years of experience with Associates Degree.
- 15+ years of experience with High School education.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Execute projects with minimal instruction and management oversight.
- Good organizational skills.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=enAbout Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUwAstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.