At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
NIGHT SHIFT Openings! $18.20 per hour ($17.00 p/h plus shift premium of $1.20)
The purpose of this position is to support the day to day production activities. It includes demonstrating safe work practices, promoting quality control, and instilling 6-S housekeeping while performing the necessary job functions required to effectively run the production lines.
New hires that are in good standing with attendance and performance will
receive a $1000.00 payout after 6 months of employment, and then another $1000.00 after 12 months of employment.
- Assisting operator to start up extruder
- Assisting with cleaning tasks during extruder change over
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Labeling, packaging, or repackaging, sorting and recycling materials throughout the operations area
- General housekeeping
- Working under the direction of senior employees to move, weigh, mix, and stage materials
- Monitor process parameters, refill levels, as directed
- Material mixing per B.O.M. specification for pigment and stabilizer packages
- Performs daily PM's (Line specific)
- Conducts good safety practices
- Perform good lifting practices
- Certified in lockout tag out
- Performs E-Learning courses on time
- Proper shift to shift communication
- Hilo Certified
- Basic math skills
- Able to know difference between pounds and kilos
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum requirement is High School Diploma or G.E.D. Post-Secondary education would be an asset.
- Must be able to be certified for forklift driving. (Company certifies on-the-job).
- Must be able to work both 12 hours shifts (6 am to 6 pm; 6 pm to 6 am)
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Basic mathematics
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to work in hot and cold environment
About Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
- Standing and walking continuously
- Climbing on and off a forklift frequently
- Climbing and descending stairs frequently
- Lifts/carries 20 - 50 Lbs. frequently
- Lifts/Carries 50 - 100 Lbs. occasionally with assistance
- Reaches above frequently
- Pushes/pulls occasionally
- Fine Manipulation occasionally
- Shift schedule is 2 days on; 2 days off; 3 days on; 2 days off - then the following week it is the opposite
Asahi Kasei Plastics is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high performance, engineered polymers and chemically coupled polypropylene resins in North America. Our company encourages a dynamic employee culture focused on the pursuit of innovation. We challenge our employees to have fun and work hard when finding and making solutions for tomorrow's polymers.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.