At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
Production Training Supervisor
For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA- Daramic supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead acid battery industry. Daramic is part of Polypore International, a leading global high technology company specializing in microporous membranes. Polypore brings advanced development and manufacturing know-how, as well as unique problem-solving capabilities to customers' lithium-ion and lead-acid battery development teams. Polypore is an Asahi Kasei Group company, which is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors.
Directly reports to the Production Manager.
About the Role
This role primarily has the authority to enforce corrective action and ensure these job expectations are met and enforced in order to facilitate environmental, safety and quality management systems.
We take ownership in creating a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, and our community.
We strive to exceed expectations. We are creative and innovative by adding value through unity and synergy.
We actively create an environment that is transparent and sincere. We work collaboratively to build consensus and resolve conflicts in the achievement of common goals. We truly appreciate the uniqueness of each and every individual.
ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM / EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITY:
ISO 9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM / EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Understand the importance of conformance with the environmental policy relevant procedures and the requirements of the EMS (Environmental Management System)
- Understand the environmental impacts associated with their work activities and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand their role in achieving conformance with the environmental policy, relevant procedures, and the requirements of the EMS, including preparedness and response
- Understand the potential consequences of deviation from specified operating procedures
- Immediately report any accidents and release to the Manager/ESH Manager
- Recognize that adhering to job responsibilities and procedures regarding environmental, health and safety is a condition of employment
- Comply with all environmental, safety, and health rules, policies, and programs established by the company to the extent of training received
Adequately provide resources for all assigned processes and procedures to fulfill requirements. Awareness of expectations is demonstrated in all relevant levels of the organization. Reporting on the operation (audits & inspections) non-conformity, and performance of the QMS (business meetings, KPI reviews, etc.)
Providing customers with products and services that meet or exceed their expectations. This will be achieved through:
- Establishment of meaningful and measurable Quality Objectives that are subject to regular management review.
- Use of a Quality Management System that is primarily based on prevention rather than detection.
- Continued improvement of processes at all levels of the organization
The Production Training Supervisor will be responsible for the development and implementation of a formal training program and workflows for Owensboro Daramic operations employees. This role will be responsible for analyzing training needs, development of curriculum, and development of reporting for measurement of training needs and results.
The Production Training Supervisor will manage all aspects of production employee training including but not limited to the following:Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize all ES&H related matters at highest level and immediately act if an employee has ESH concerns with the training program or content or when an unsafe condition is present. He shall set high expectations for the training department to elevate ESH concerns.
- Work with Safety Coordinator to tailor safety training to meet production organization needs
- Represent the training department supporting production supervisors and engineers to ensure standards and user guides are user friendly to the operators and yield the best performance. productivity and safety amongst employees.
- Review/Develop/Maintain effective training system to meet site training requirements to include training plans, qualification matrix, and effectiveness audits. System must also meet ISO9000 requirements
- Lead team of trainers to include timely and thorough completion of training documents and effective operator training program. Identify future training needs and creating curriculum to facilitate training. Resolve issues or problems relating with training programs
- Collaborates with vendors, 3rd party training providers to arrange employee training when needed to facilitate.
- Develop the training team to become responsible for all employee training including new hire orientation, position specific training, employee qualification, department KPI, and specialized position specific training. Conduct orientation programs for on-the-job training with new hires
- Develop and maintain process to track employee qualifications and training requirements and completion. Help support User/Troubleshooting Guide development, accuracy, and usage.
- Develop and implement training audit process to assess quality of training documents and training effectiveness.
- Research new training materials and tools that can enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees
- Support department leaders in developing and training ESH and ISO standards, Standards Manage and report key performance indicators and corrective action plans for training department
- Control all training documentation in document control system (currently EtQ / Pearl.
- Act as team leader responsible for team's performance including development and performance reviews.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Lighting and temperature is adequate. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard equipment available. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount to force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.Candidate Requirements Education
: BS or BA degree ( or equivalent experience of leading a training program 5-10 years) plus 5 years experience in manufacturing environment with emphasis on working with training programs preferred.Professional experience:
- Familiarity with fast paced & multi-task work environment.
- Experience in industrial training process especially in development and leading implementation of training programs.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Word
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to empower team to focus on continual improvement and deliver training in professional manner to all employees without bias.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.