Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career?At CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer a(n):
CobbFendley is seeking a Project Engineer in our Miami, Florida office.
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions; Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and Sustainable Solutions
The successful candidate’s most important qualifications include the following.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (EAC/ABET)required.
- Minimum 1 years of involvement in Broadband / Utility Coordination, including close out of client deliverables.
- Experience with Utility and/or Civil design and/or Utility Coordination Engineering required.
- Fundamentals of Engineer (FE) exam completion required.
- Engineer-In-Training license required.
- Experience communicating and collaborating between field and office staff.
- Research experience with as-built record drawings from various utilities as required for use in project designs preferred.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation Bentley preferred.
- Capable of working on project deliverables and construction plan sets with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Establish contact with the utility companies and attend utility coordination meetings.
- Prepare Utility Relocation plans by reading record plan and profile drawings and performing conflict assessments.
- Planning and Coordination: Work closely with project managers, engineers, contractors, and utility providers to develop a comprehensive plan for the installation, relocation, or modification of utility services. They coordinate the timing and sequence of utility work to minimize disruptions and ensure compatibility with the overall project schedule.
- Utility Identification and Verification: Conduct thorough surveys and investigations to identify the existing utility lines and infrastructure within the project area. They verify the accuracy of utility maps and records and may engage in activities such as marking utility locations or using specialized equipment for utility detection.
- Permitting and Regulatory Compliance: Navigate the complex landscape of permits and regulations related to utility installations and modifications. Act as a liaison with governmental agencies, utility companies, and other stakeholders to obtain the necessary permits, licenses, and approvals. They ensure compliance with safety standards, environmental regulations, and any specific requirements set by utility providers.
- Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving: During the construction or development process, conflicts may arise between the project team and utility providers. Act as a mediator, resolving disputes and finding solutions to technical, logistical, or scheduling issues. They may negotiate with utility companies to address conflicts related to service interruptions, utility relocations, or right-of-way agreements.
- Communication and Documentation: Effective communication is crucial in coordinating utility services. Maintain clear and open lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders, including utility providers, project teams, contractors, and regulatory agencies. Document utility coordination activities, prepare reports, and maintain accurate records of utility-related information, such as as-built drawings, utility plans, and correspondence.
- Quality Control and Inspections: Ensure that utility installations and modifications adhere to the required standards and specifications. Conduct regular inspections to monitor the progress and quality of work performed by utility contractors. Verify that utility services are properly connected, functional, and meet project requirements.
- Safety and Risk Management: Utility coordination involves working with potentially hazardous systems and equipment. Promote safety practices, identifies potential risks, and implements mitigation measures to minimize accidents or damage to utility infrastructure. May need to develop/update safety protocols, conduct safety training, and enforce compliance with safety regulations.
- Change Management: As projects evolve, modifications to utility plans may be necessary. Successfully manage change requests, assesses the impact on the project schedule, cost, and utility services, and coordinates the implementation of approved changes.
- Prepare Utility Agreement Assembly packages, including reviewing plans and estimates to evaluate compliance with guidelines, rules, and regulations, determining eligibility and betterment ratios, and preparing documents required by 23 CFR Section 645.
- Attend meetings with individual utility companies and on-site field visits.
- Work with major utility companies, various pipeline companies, as well as state agencies and municipalities.
- Support CobbFendley Project Managers and Engineers with engineering design or coordination tasks for various projects.
- Apply technical expertise and be able to work with a project team on conventional and unconventional projects.
- Perform independent research and adapt to changing priorities.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and deliver accurate work product.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
If and when the duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be required.
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
Pre-Employment Screenings.All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
Work Authorization + Sponsorship.Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
External Recruiting Agencies.CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.