The Project Engineer will have responsibility for supporting Akornâ€™s Decatur capital and internal project plans as assigned and ensuring their proper implementation in alignment with engineering standards. They will facilitate necessary oversight, logistical support, and design & validation deliverables as assigned, and they will support projects related to facility modifications and construction, equipment installations and retrofits, and engineering level activities.This role includes collaboration with site and global manufacturing, finance, engineering, IT and quality functional resources.Participate in Akornâ€™s capital planning process.Support project oversight and direction for the project team, ensuring successful implementation of their projects.Participate in the planning, development and implementation of strategic programs in support of the Akorn manufacturing and supply chain network.Lead process and equipment resources (internal and external) in the execution of internal and capital improvement projects.Ensure resources deployed at the site effectively manage the project-engineering portion of capital projects in collaboration with the teams.Provide conceptual engineering support of planning and developing site programs.Generate and assist in execution of project deliverables including but not limited to training plans, SOPs, spare parts lists, and maintenance/calibration plans.Qualifications
Company Overview Who we are?
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Systems Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- The individual must have a minimum of 2-years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with equipment selection and cost estimating is beneficial.
- PE license or EIT is beneficial.
- Excellent communications skills in oral, written, and presentation situations providing clear, informative, and persuasive communication in positive and negative scenarios.
- Good analytical and computer skills required.
- Ability to provide timely information to avoid production delays. This includes timely, accurate, and neat completion of documentation, such as work orders, deviations, change controls, and reports that meet GMP requirements.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website atwww.Akorn.comWhy choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.