IT Project Manager (Agile/Scrum)
US Citizenship Required
@Orchard LLC is a sub-contractor on a recently awarded engagement within the US Navy (NAVSUP) and we have been asked to supply an IT Project Manager to join the team in Norfolk, VA. The core skillset required for this engagement is extensive Agile/Scrum competency and advanced project scheduling capabilities. The selected individual must be able to work on-site at the Little Creek Navy Base in Norfolk, VA, initially daily and ultimately as required by the client.
The IT Project Manager will play a critical role in leading efforts to develop and implement an enterprise system for the Navy to track supply chain management and logistics information. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to challenging and changing situations quickly while being able to facilitate the completion of multiple tasks and assignments.
Project Manager responsibilities will include.
Your background will include.
- Provide project/task supervision and management for Agile/Scrum efforts to include business/requirements analysis, use story development, and testing efforts in support of the Navy's Naval Operational Supply System (NOSS) enterprise IT system.
- The development and management of an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Monitor project tasks to ensure objectives are met with top quality and levels of performance.
- Aid in the management of Agile/Scrum efforts and scheduled development sprints.
- Support the initiation and facilitation of meetings to support user story development.
- Aid in reviewing/approving user stories, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Assist with developing and managing project plans to include development, implementation, testing, change management, risk management, quality assurance, configuration management, and training plans.
- Aid in developing/refining Agile and Scrum best practices for the project.
- Collaborate with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
- Prepare technical reports by researching, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
If you feel this opportunity is right for you, please apply so that we can begin the conversation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- At least 6 years of project management experience leading teams conducting Agile/Scrum development efforts.
- Experience with MS-Project creating and managing schedules.
- Experience planning, managing, and implementing large, enterprise-wide IT programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead analysis and development discussions.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Agile development.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Experience collaborating with multiple organizations on IT delivery projects.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Logistics is strongly preferred, in particular pertaining to the US Navy.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence tools would be an asset as would knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
This job has expired.