Are you passionate about health and safety and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to excellence, to new ideas, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in our Robbinsville, NJ office. Who are we? We are Montrose, the premier environmental services provider.
As a Project Manager/ Industrial Hygienistat Montrose, you will be responsible for conducting asbestos inspections, lead-based paint surveys, and lead in drinking water sampling in New Jersey and Mid-Atlantic area and assisting in other duties, such as industrial hygiene monitoring, indoor air quality, site H&S oversight, data review, and report preparation. This is a hands-on position involving travel to locations throughout New Jersey and surrounding areas as well as overnight and out of state travel approximately 20% of the year. You'll need at least 5 years of experience of conducting asbestos and lead-based surveys and welcome the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people.
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need.
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
As a key member of the Health & Safety team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Providing guidance to internal and external clients on industrial hygiene and environmental topics.
- Reviewing projects with environmental/safety aspects and determine industrial hygienist (IH) level of involvement.
- Determining the scope of work for asbestos and other bulk hazardous material surveys and review results for technical and regulatory compliance.
- Reviewing and evaluating abatement work plans and policies and procedures for customer properties. Providing assistance to clients and/or abatement contractors performing asbestos and other hazardous material abatement including communication of abatement requirements and work plan design elements.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on asbestos and other hazardous material regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Providing industrial hygiene oversight requirements and recommendations to clients. This will frequently pertain to abatement projects, or for projects for which the work practices have been previously reviewed and determined to avoid disturbance of asbestos-containing building materials.
- Providing Indoor Air Quality consulting services as related to asbestos, lead, mold and chemical contaminants. These efforts will include reviewing of existing reports, air sampling plans and results and determining appropriate remedial approaches to address the Indoor Air Quality issue that may be present.
- Performing duties as a site safety officer for emergency response and environmental investigations.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Exercising safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participating in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keeping up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in safety, industrial hygiene, or related field.
- 5 to 7 years experience in conducting asbestos and lead-based surveys.
- Project management experience with smaller projects.
- Experience with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Experience in preparation of inspection reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to partner with others as a member of a field and office team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be able to successfully complete a medical exam designed to evaluate the ability to perform physical requirements of the position (e.g. bending, kneeling, standing, confined space entry, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 30 pounds),
- Be able to wear a respirator.
- Current AHERA asbestos training certifications.
- Current NJ DCA lead-based paint certifications.
- NJ AST certification.
- Safety, HAZWOPER, and confined space training.
- Indoor air quality/industrial assessment and sampling monitoring experience.
- New York and Pennsylvania asbestos and lead-based paint certifications.
- Experience performing Site Safety for construction/remediation projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. With approximately 2,000 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.