The Public Safety Service Delivery Project Manager position is within the Government Service Delivery organization. This role provides project management support for product implementations for State and Local Government agencies. The Project Manager is responsible for the leadership of assigned custom implementations and projects that are cross functional and have a high degree of complexity.
As a member of the Public Safety Service Delivery team, the Project Manager will manage custom project implementations in the Public Safety vertical; work with cross-functional teams on creating requirements, evaluating and determining the objectives, goals, and scope of multiple complex projects, and overcoming barriers; be responsible for networking across organizations to drive initiatives, strategies, issue resolutions, and alignment. This includes creating, monitoring, and providing ongoing communications to appropriate stakeholders.
Open to Home Based in U.S.
Responsibilities for Project Manager
Required Qualifications for Project Manager
- Through customer engagement, determine and define project scope, objectives, and timeline
- Predict internal and customer resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Gain customer engagement through the development and management of a detailed project schedule and work plan to meet or exceed implementation timelines
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Provide on-going programmatic support to identity and track the status of action items and project deliverables
- Highlight key risks/issues for discussion and mitigation to management and senior leadership
- Track and maintain documented status of project deliverables and milestones based on information collected from internal business partners
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through customer written and verbal engagement
- Deliver presentations of project status to effectively communicate throughout the project life cycle.
- Prepare for, facilitate, and follow-up as needed for all Service Delivery/PMO meetings (one-on-one meetings, business reviews and presentations)
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Bachelor's degree required or 7-10 years of equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Strong project delivery skills - accurate project planning, deliver to milestone dates, manages resources effectively, communicate status effectively, manage risks, create project documentation and can juggle multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
- Solid meeting planning and facilitation skills; recording meeting minutes, documenting action items and commitments, tracking follow-up
- Solid technical skills including working knowledge of computer systems, Microsoft Office applications, Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence, or other similar PM tools
- Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, motivation) skills
- Ability to work with and manage multiple subordinates and project teams
- Thorough knowledge of contract language
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Project Management Certification (PMI, PgMP, PMP, CAPM)
- Experience managing government implementations or government consulting
- Knowledge of agile development principles
- Other Project management certification (Six Sigma, etc.).
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.