Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group is looking for a new Property Tax Analyst to join our Walnut Creek, California office. Given the current situation, you would start off working remotely and then transition into a hybrid position. In this position, you will use Excel to prepare and summarize client data that allows others to analyze results. You will then take the results of the analysis/workpapers and populates tax return packages.
- Prepares and summarizes client data using Excel in a way that allows senior staff to easily analyze for the purpose of complying with statutory filing requirements or analyzing potential savings opportunities
- Correspond with clients, assessors, and third-party vendors in order to coordinate projects or transmit data
- Following prescribed, step-by-step instructions, uses Excel to prepare and summarize client data that allows others to analyze results. Takes the results of the analysis/workpapers, and populates tax appeals packages
- Provides supporting information regarding specific client engagement terms to accounts payable for invoicing (as requested/required)
- Collects, organizes, and scans documents and mail
- Procures missing documentation: assessments, bills, etc.
- Actions mail correspondence or passes on to the appropriate party
- Assists in document assembly including printing, processing and mailings for preparation
- Logging & reviewing assessments and tax bills issued for accuracy
- Research of tax code, industry, specific assets, and/or jurisdiction requirements under direction & supervision of senior employees
- Assist with property tax analytics
- Preparation of tax returns and related workpapers to support the final numbers to be submitted to jurisdictions
- University or college degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 0- 2 years of relevant work experience in related field
- Understands the importance of deadlines in the tax business and ensures the right people get the right information in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Excel (v-look ups, pivot tables)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data entry
- Superior organization and time management abilities
- Able to work both individually and within a team environment
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com or . (416) 641-9500
This job has expired.