Global Supply Chain
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Theater Commodity Manager I at our facility located in Danville, IL.
HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
The Theater Commodity Manager I is responsible for the on-going maintenance of Global and Regional suppliers with a purchase spend of $10m - $20m. Scope includes materials and components for Production requirements and parts purchased for Aftermarket from common suppliers.
The successful Theater Commodity Manager I will have the following Key Accountabilities:
The successful Theater Commodity Manager I will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Achieving 0% - 3% net reduction in annualized material purchase cost (up to 2% of Purchase Base). Supplier selection and initial price establishment that meets &/or exceeds schedule & cost objectives per project schedules. Negotiate pricing and terms that meet HYG's annual inflation/financial objectives. Develop new VIP proposals with suppliers resulting in lower cost and/or improved quality. organization.
- Establish and maintain assigned global supply base that operates in partnership fashion with HYG to jointly deliver the best technology and quality products for the lowest possible acquisition cost. Develop, maintain and support global &/or regional sourcing strategies (participating as leader &/or team member) that support HYG's Component Application Strategies. Utilize ASE's, ACR, APR, VIP's, and LCC sourcing, and consolidation plans to meet annual financial, engineering & production objectives.
- Improve Supply Base performance to meet or exceed HYG Supply Chain Strategic Framework deliverables
- Project Management responsibility for Procurement & Supply chain projects.
- Contribute to project schedule development
- Manage project plans & deliverables
- Manage project timeline and exception process
- To select the world's best suppliers, which support HYG's objectives, through on site audits and evaluations of products, operations and systems.
- BS/BA Degree (Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Logistics preferred).
- Broad Business and Commercial knowledge. 5+ years of Industry Experience, w minimum/1 year direct experience in procurement or related supply chain function.
- Broad Purchasing knowledge and skills. International and Domestic Purchasing Practices and Procedures.
- Advanced Negotiation and Problem Resolution Skills.
- Business Management Systems (DFT, JIT, MRPII, TQM).
- Technical Systems, Applications and Industry Standards of Purchased Commodities
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
HYG US Danville, ILAddress
1010 East Fairchild StreetZip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled