Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com. Role Description:
Quality Supervisor is responsible for facilitating and directing a wide variety of improvement projects that are cross functional and interdepartmental. The Quality Supervisor will apply proven Process Improvement methods such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing to improve plant efficiencies, reduce spoilage, and drive positive results in customer audits and overall satisfaction. This individual must be a self-starter with strong business judgment, problem solving, communication, and change management skills.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop strong working relationship with cross functional departments and employees.
- Identify, document, and baseline core processes (business and technical), establish metrics, control plans,
and reporting mechanisms with end-to-end focus.
- Work closely with department managers/supervisors to assess weaknesses in the current state and help
develop future state process through application of Six Sigma and Lean tools and methodologies.
- Implement team building skills to drive team oriented results.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize, plan, and implement process improvement
opportunities consistent with current strategies.
- Formulate goals and plans for short and long term success (e.g. Spoilage reduction, cost savings, etc.).
- Apply best practices for introducing, driving, and sustaining change initiatives.
- Lead multiple process improvement projects and provide mentoring and coaching to department teams.
- Regularly provide project status updates to the Plant Manager and the management team.
- Ensures departmental productivity improvement goals are met.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and enforcement of the various continuous improvement tools and
Key Job Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business. Industrial Engineering degree preferred.
- Progressive experience in manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in improvement practices such as Six Sigma and Lean tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in Value Stream Analysis, DMAIC projects, Rapid Improvement Events.
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project).
- Experience with manufacturing process analysis and documentation.
Our Vision and Values
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Very strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consensus building and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills and desire to take on additional responsibility per the business needs.
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world's leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com or follow us on Facebook.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market: