An exciting and rewarding nursing career awaits you in our 20 bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The Reading Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center and has a rapidly expanding Cardiothoracic and Neurosurgical Programs. Experience working with a variety of different, complex patient populations including surgical trauma patients, cardiothoracic, Transplant surgery (Kidney and liver) neurosurgical, and general surgical patients. Become a part of our team of talented nurses practicing within a dynamic, patient centered, highly technical patient care area. Nurses within our Surgical ICU are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team and ensure the delivery of quality, nursing care. Benefit from our Shared Governance, Career Advancement Program, and our extensive, specialty education. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, generous benefits and pay.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2022 America's 50 Best Hospitals Award
- Recipient of Excellence Award: Stroke Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, and Critical Care
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Ranked Among Top Ten Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- 5-Star Rating for Overall Hospital Quality
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ (2014-2017)
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ (2014-2017)
- Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care (2014-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis (2008-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism (2014-2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure (2015-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies (2015-2016)
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more! Responsibilities
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Reading Hospital Nursing Video Qualifications Education Requirements
Must have previous RN Experience Certification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
This job has expired.
- PA Registered Nurse License