This 2 6 bed unit, specializes in the care of the general med surg population: Joints (Hip, knee, shoulder) Neuro (back, surgery) Orthopedic (fractures), and other short term stay patients.
The nurses are telemetry trained and the orientation provides the education to give specialized care in these areas. The team has a very involved interdisciplinary team that works together for best patient outcomes.
**Achieved advanced accreditation for Joint replacement.
** This is an infection free unit!
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more! For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $10,000 RN Bonus!
Minimum 12 months of relevant clinical experience required. Responsibilities
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This job has expired.
Certification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License