Mercator Advisory Group, a leading provider of payments market intelligence and advisory services is seeking a Relationship Manager. If you enjoy working with clients in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for growing thought leadership and research businesses...
...We want to hear from you!
With guidance from our VP, Sales, you will qualify prospects, generate appointments and provide support in closing sales of new business. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with your clients and handling their ongoing needs. This role will play a lead generation role to set us up to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making calls, working with marketing partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and setting appointments.
In order to accomplish these responsibilities, you will need to quickly learn and understand our Subscription and Custom/Consulting research products / services, and communicate our value proposition to the appropriate prospects.
The individual chosen for this position will have a base salary plus commission to reach on-target earnings; and an attractive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan and a new "Flexible Vacation" policy.
he ideal candidate will have some prior business development and sales experience . We don't sell physical products, so having prior experience selling a professional service (such as market research, data services or analysis) is helpful.
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails
- Effectively communicate our value proposition and generate interest with prospective clients for our subscription and custom research services
- Document all sales activity in our CRM system (Salesforce) and perform monthly and quarterly forecasting tasks
- Qualify leads and share marketing or research content to build interest, secure, and attend meetings (either phone or in person) for research experts in a given industry with potential clients
- Usher qualified opportunities through the sales process and partner with the appropriate research/industry analysts and subject matter experts to advance the sales process
- Research new accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Must have a BA/BS degree in business or marketing related field. (A combination of education and experience would be considered)
- Minimum 2 years sales or lead generation experience preferred
- Experience using Salesforce.com or similar CRM strongly preferred
- Previous experience nurturing leads and setting appointments. Closing sales via telephone is preferred.
- A strong presence with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust - both with prospects and internal team members
- Understanding of the sales cycle, with the ability to close deals.
- An adaptable, professional, courteous and motivated disposition; able to maintain highly professional relationships internally and externally.
- High energy and enthusiasm with a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- A high attention to detail, is highly motivated and organized, with a strong desire to succeed.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
This job has expired.