As Business Process Analyst, you will partner with various business units to perform business process assessment, design, documentation, testing, and alignment as a member of the WVU Modernization Program team. Under the direction of the Program Manager, you will document and recommend business process design/system alternatives or approaches for implementation of the selected Enterprise Resource Planning system and its related projects. You will be part of the Modernization Program team; however, you will work independently and to support projects while consulting with other team members and subject matter experts for guidance as needed.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Utilize analytical skills to research, design, develop, and test business process solutions in support of Modernization Program projects. Follow established methodology to complete Program deliverables on all assigned tasks within established deadlines.
- Support Modernization Program priorities by collaborating with various functional and technical units to improve quality, increase productivity, and support business goals by leveraging systems that will simplify and improve processes. Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users.
- Analyze results and make recommendations to support process improvement.
- Utilize analytical skills to identify and solve problem situations. Evaluate, research, develop, and deploy solutions.
- Create technical and functional documentation to support Modernization Program efforts.
- Serve as liaison with technical and functional staff related to specific business processes and applications. Work effectively with technical and functional staff to accomplish Modernization Program deliverables by sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Champion Modernization Program priorities by embracing the right solutions, at the right times in order to cultivate a sense of purpose to meet Modernization Program goals and strategies.
- Bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical staff to ensure clear understanding of Program objectives, deliverables, new technology solutions, and expected results.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders throughout the institution to identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements
- Prepare technical documentation, including interpretation of business requirements, business process flows, test plans, implementation plans and code according to established standards.
- Track the status of requirements throughout the project life cycle and enforce or redefine as necessary. Validate business and technical requirements are met during project delivery process.
- Work under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager to develop expertise within the technical and functional areas as they are assigned.
- Establish positive, professional relationship with functional users and staff. Establish proper communication channels with Program and project team personnel and respond appropriately to all concerns.
- Support WVU’s confidentiality and security policies and ensures application compliance.
- Understand and work toward the attainment of the Modernization Program’s goals. Initiate solutions to perceived gaps and weaknesses in organizational processes or procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral formats. Foster an environment of teamwork and professionalism
Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business, Computer Science, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
4 or more years experience:
- Experience with defining problems, collecting data, gathering requirements, and establishing structure for analysis of complex business issues.
- Experience in interviewing business partners and writing technical design/solution documents.
- Experience in writing and executing test plans.
- Experience in writing technical and functional documentation.
- Experience in business process analysis and improvement
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning system(s).
- Experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle documentation, testing, and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, and service transition.
- Experience in translating requirements into test plans
- Ability to perform gap analysis and understanding of the current state (As-Is) and future state (To-Be) business processes.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system(s).
- Ability to drive discussions with multiple subject matter experts to draw out their knowledge and bring them to a consensus.
- Ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts and processes. Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain best practices and standards for documentation and processes, particularly for requirements gathering, design workshops, development specifications, test plans, etc.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and high level of comfort communicating and presenting to both technical and business resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team of diverse skill levels and expertise, managing multiple tasks and priorities as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work within project teams of varying sizes to deliver against project timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with business partners.
- Collaborative work style capable of working effectively across all organizational levels.
- Learn and adjust to changing technical environments.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio programs.
This job has expired.
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in Visio