REMOTE Senior Software Engineer - Connected Devices Are you a Senior Software Engineer with connected device experience (Roku, Amazon TV, Vizio, Playstation, Android TV, Samsung, etc)? Please read on!
We are building a new team in an already established, profitable, brand name company! We're looking for people who are passionate about redefining the digital video and media world, from how consumers experience it to how content creators fund it. No artificial deadlines. No guilting our team into staying late. And no micromanagement. We use the best tools to get the job done, end of story!
We are hiring a strong all-around Software Engineer with experience developing on Connected TV devices. We are Tech Agnostic.
Top Reasons to Work with Us 1. We are one of the strongest advertising engagement platforms around!
2. 100% Company Paid Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
3. Profit Sharing, Bonuses
What You Will Be Doing - Develop and launch applications and components for connected TV and OTT platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more.
- Develop all solutions to sterling degrees of performance, resource usage and customer delight
- Work closely with other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of new features
- Be an active and engaged owner of the product and customer experience, collaborating effectively with Product Management, Ops and other disciplines
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various endpoints
- Perform code reviews, write unit and integration tests
- Analyze user stories and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives
What You Need for this Position - 5+ yrs of professional software development experience with a minimum of 2 yrs of development experience on connected TV devices (Roku, Amazon Fire, Playstation, Xbox, Apple TV, Vizio)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git and Github
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Experience with developing mobile applications that interface with RESTful APIs
- Ability to learn & adapt to unfamiliar technologies, both open-source and proprietary
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
- BSCS or equivalent experience in the software development field
- Understanding of and experience with advertising technology based specifications (VAST, VPAID, MRAID), products and their underlying technical flow
- Experience with connected TV devices (connected TV devices (Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more) and their related programming languages and development stacks
- Experience developing applications for Roku platforms using BrightScript
- Experience developing developer oriented SDKs, APIs or libraries
- Experience using web application development frameworks such as Rails
- Experience with Agile development practices and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with video technologies, workflow and playback experiences (i.e. HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI)
What's In It for You - Competitive base salary DOE
- 15% Bonus
- Great Benefits
- Fun company events
- Fully-stocked kitchen (if working onsite); other perks as well!
Benefits - Vacation/PTO
So, if you are a REMOTE Senior Software Engineer - Connected Devices with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Dylan Rogelstad
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.