Seeking a motivated and experienced Power BI data analyst who will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. Remote work option within the USA is available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for working within the framework of a team and performing the following activities:
- Power BI report development and administration.
- Building shared Power BI datasets.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Proficient in writing DAX expressions for business data measures & calculated columns.
- Comfortable seeking DAX pattern resources to validate best practices for these calculations.
- Experience developing advanced calculations to provide deeper data analysis, such as ratings or YoY comparisons
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Able to translate business requirements to the data models needed to support the business questions.
- Develops models with an eye to supportability, maintainability, and usability.
- Setup Power BI with a variety of structured and semi-structured datasets (flat files, Quickbooks, web services, SharePoint lists, ERP integrations)
- Coordinate with business, technology and support teams to ensure system solutions meet business requirements.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Effective at working in a self-directed environment with support from team as needed.
- Takes ownership of assignments and eagerly learns new skills as needed.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Knowledge of current trends in development
- Ability in managing and communicating reporting solutions to internal clients
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with BI solutions
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI
- Prior experience in SQL
- Prior experience with SSAS, SSIS or SSRS is a plus
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.