West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Research Assistant with the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health.
About the Opportunity
As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting with two studies. The first, Pregnancy 24/7, will involve participant recruitment and retention, scheduling, consenting, leading study visits, activating and downloading activity monitors, data entry and management. The second study is to support the reading center for a multi-site study using wearable devices to measure activity patterns in young women across the United States. You will also support the Principal Investigator for general lab functions including communicating across study sites, with providers, and the Institutional Review Board. This will require attention to detail, accuracy, strong organizational skills, and accurate record keeping.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
What you'll do:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!
- Collaborate on multiple research projects including serving as the site lead of a multi-site observational study in pregnant women (recruitment and retention, obtaining participant informed consent, conducting assessments at various locations including in-home, managing supplies including objective activity monitoring devices, managing database set up and data quality assurance, coordinating site and multi-site clinical meetings, and paying participants).
- Support data processing for a national activity monitoring cohort study in young women.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's in public health, social work, counseling or other relevant field preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the following:
- Work experience within a research project.
- Experience working with study participants.
- Experience working with accelerometers and other activity monitors.
- Experience forming partnerships with clinics and clinical staff.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to recruit and/or interview subjects.
- Excellent writing skills.
This job has expired.
- Valid US driver's license - may need to travel to participant's homes or off-site clinics to conduct assessments.