Schedule: Days, M-F, 8a-5p
This role will function as a Patient navigator that will provide support to patients and families from the rural markets to help navigate our complex healthcare system in Temple. This position will be responsible for assessing community patients identified as needing care and assistance with primary care, health and self-management programs and chronic disease management. This position will work to overcome nonclinical obstacles that prevent them from receiving care and treatment required and will provide them with resources and assistance to navigate the complex healthcare system.
The position will work in the foundation and work closely with Foundation Leadership. Additionally, the position will be available to help the case management department with some of the rural patients that are discharged from the hospital that need post hospitalization care and navigation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
1. Reach out to and engage rural based patients to establish trusting relationships and works with patients to assess and overcome barriers to care and treatment. Creates connections between providers and health plans and other community resources.
2. Builds partnerships with teams across multiple departments, provider offers and community resources to foster timely delivery of quality accessible health care services.
3. Connect with patients to provide education on health conditions, and guide patients across the healthcare system.
4. Patient navigator will work to connect patients with healthcare services in a timely manner; improve access to medications; education; transportation; and counselling and provide additional support that will reduce barriers to care and treatment.
5. Needs assessment, individualized care plans, care coordination, monitoring and changes to the plan will be done in coordination with the care team and patient. These can be done remotely or in person.
6. Patient navigator will create an orientation to the healthcare system to help patients and families understand options and pathways for care and treatment.
7. Patient will maintain relationship with patients and families to ensure ongoing relationship with the healthcare system.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
1. Experience as a community health advocate and / or navigator
2. Knowledgeable about the environment, healthcare system and community resources.
3. Excellent written and verbal communications
4. Proficient in Microsoft applications.
5. Excellent time management
6. Basic Cardiac Life Support.
7. Registered Nurse or LVN or degree in Social work desired.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
Posted about 5 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago
Rochester, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago