Primary Job Duties/Functions
- Implements and coordinates programs to reduce and eliminate injuries, illnesses, deaths, environmental damage, and financial losses.
- Conducts HSE audits.
- Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given symptoms, operations or processes. Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs as required for projects.
- Conducts and directs evaluations of HSE programs using established goals.
- Conducts incident investigations and classifies all incidents in accordance with provincial and federal guidelines.
- Develops, presents recommendations and communicates to HSE Management to ensure balance between productivity and the safety of team members, sub-contractors, and visitors.
- Maintains liaison with client representatives, company HSE personnel, and regulatory agencies.
- Monitors HSE programs by creating summaries/reports/presentations for HSE Management.
- Provides input for permit preparation on projects by maintaining knowledge of current guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be Considered Candidates:
- Project site/field working conditions.
- On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather.
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Basic Job Requirements
Other Job Requirements
- University degree or college diploma in a Health & Safety discipline.
- Previous HSE training/certification.
- Five-Eight (5-8) years project HSE experience.
- Continue education and knowledge of industry-wide HSE-related information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization
- Serve as a Company representative to external HSE organizations
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills who works well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish a team environment and to be able to work well with others.
- Good computer skills with advanced use of Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, Office.
- Fluent in English, with above average writing skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Preferred minimum of NCSO, CSP, CRSP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Control Systems
- Diseases And Disorders
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.