As a Sales Lead you will be a leader in helping store achieve sales goals. Work with the entire Sales Team to ensure Customer Care compliance. Maintain the exit location at the store to ensure loss prevention and proper sales procedures are being followed. Must be present during all peak customer traffic periods, as in weekends, sale days, or any other occasion that would generate high customer flow into the store. Assist with the ongoing training of new and certified sales staff. Ensure successful implementation of Pick-N-Pull promotional activity. Help maintain the standards of all Pick-n-Pull policies and procedures. Always be pleasant, respectful, and helpful.
- Ensure store is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promote a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
- Responsible for store housekeeping.
- Work with all sales personnel to continually improve store results.
- Participate in the training and proper work delegation of sales personnel.
- Assist management to train and develop sales staff.
- Help communicate policies and procedures to all employees; lead by example for the rest of the team.
- Assist management with sales reports and assigned tasks for the store.
- Participate in all customer care functions.
- Participate in weekly meetings with sales staff to keep team updated and maintain sales team enthusiasm, ensure a positive attitude, and review key performance indicators.
- Train sales staff to continually improve effectiveness of the selling model.
- Ensure all company policies, sales and marketing programs and merchandizing initiatives are current, communicated and implemented.
- Ensure all sales transactions and cash management procedures are in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for safeguarding company assets.
- Promote a positive and fulfilling work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Be a point of support for the Sales Team, assisting team members with understanding policies, diffusing customer confrontation, defining Pick-N-Pull standards, and assisting with any questions.
- Identify when customer interaction requires assistance from management.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Must work safely at all times.
- Must have good people skills with an outgoing friendly positive attitude.
- Able to work retail hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Be proficient in automotive part/product identification and recognize parts and how they relate to our customer receipts.
- Follow company dress code policy, maintaining a well groomed, neat appearance so as to create a favorable impression with customers.
- Previous experience in a retail environment preferred but not required.
- Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, product relocation and placement, and environmental health and safety functions.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to occasional noisy conditions and machinery operation.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Company Pick N Pull Auto Dismantlers