ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to receive and process samples from outside clients as well as field personnel. To provide ALS clients with all necessary sampling activities, sample pick-ups and drop-offs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Will receive samples from outside clients and field service personnel and inspect for proper containers, temperatures, preservatives, etc.
- Will accurately log samples into the laboratory LIMS system.
- Distribute service request forms to appropriate departments
- Shipment of samples to other laboratories internal or external
- Fill bottle orders and media orders in accordance with project specification and SOP guidelines
- Responsible for taking temperatures from sample refrigerators and maintaining the log books
- Will drive to and from assigned territories as directed to pick-up samples or drop-off media
- Provide an accurate and completed chain of custody record of any sample in your possession
- Responsible for evaluating sample receipt compliance against appropriate methods and documenting any deviations
- Convey any ALS client requests or concerns to the Sample Custodian or appropriate Project Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Desire to work in an administrative position in a laboratory setting.
- Detail oriented - able to accurately interpret and transcribe information from a client chain of custody into the laboratory computer system.
- Good typing / data entry skills.
- Familiarity with chemical symbols and general scientific terminology.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written with clients, staff and management
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Basic knowledge of EPA methodologies
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred
- Understanding of DOT Shipping regulations preferred
- The ability to sit, stand, and drive for an 8 hour day.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs on a consistent basis (may use a dolly for heavy loads)
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.