Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Maintenance of mammalian cell culture stocks to support process development experiments.
- Perform viral infection experiments in a BL-2 setting with veterinary pathogens.
- Support the set-up and running of bioreactors including single-use and glass.
- Use of automated robotic equipment including Biomeks and Multimeks.
- Maintain a research laboratory notebook to document all lab-based work, write basic study reports and delivery memos and assist process team members with more complicated report writing.
- Order and stock laboratory equipment and supplies for the VMRD Virology laboratory.
- Work with multiple scientists within the group to effectively schedule work.
- Educational background: Bachelor's Degree with course work and laboratory experience in biology, biochemistry, microbiology or related disciplines.
- Training in aseptic techniques and cell culture.
- Familiarity in working with BL-2 pathogens and the use of appropriate PPE.
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Other Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Capable of interpreting and carrying-out experimental design and protocols.
- Individual must have good organizational skills and attention to detail. Individual should be highly motivated, must be a team player, and capable of working with minimal oversight in a cross-functional environment
Work environment: The person filling this position works in the laboratory. There may be exposure to chemical and bio hazardous materials. There will be occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. Work will be conducted in both lab and office facilities.
Occasional night and/or weekend work may be required.
Position is Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Lincoln, NE are encouraged to apply.What We Offer:
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays