Senior Architect: Cary, North Carolina
GBA's Life Science group is seeking a senior level architect who is highly motivated, goal oriented and can operate independently to manage multiple projects while assisting in growing our new east coast office.
The Life Science industry is expanding creating great opportunity for a technically minded architect to grow both personally and professionally. As senior architect you will design both new and renovation projects from start to finish with our multidiscipline team.
Our projects require creativity to tackle complicated space planning. If you enjoy discovering innovative solutions to address challenging spaces, this might just be the position for you. Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Laboratory, Hospital, or technical architecture experience is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Act as Architect of Record for project assignments.
- Lead and manage projects in the East Coast Region
- Act as the primary GBA face-to-face contact for technical planning and programming meetings with existing and potential clients at very early stages of proposal generation or awarded projects.
- Champion the multidiscipline effort in solution development for complex cGMP facilities with high degree of innovation and ingenuity while meeting client budgets and schedules.
- Lead or Develop presentations, designs and technical solutions through all phases of a project.
- Identify and resolve complex code, construction or design related challenges
- Lead detailed design projects as lead architect or as overall project PM, including monitoring and controlling budgets and workplans.
- Coordinate closely with GBA Builders cost estimating team and scheduling team when developing preliminary construction costs and schedules
- Provide QA/QC oversight for projects involving your team
- Proposal Preparation Oversight:
- Be the primary resource to prepare and review proposals including scope/fee development for early stage technical planning / programming projects
- Assist with preparation/review of the applicable sections for more general projects that include early stage technical planning / programming services
- Assist with contract preparation and negotiation
- Attend and participate in technical and professional organizations and activities to promote GBA.
- Lead and mentor a growing architectural team including recruiting new staff and training existing staff
- Coordinate closely with GBA's Life Sciences team members in other offices, supporting other projects and to develop and enhance GBA's capability
- Coordinate closely with the Business Development team to develop and execute BD strategies especially with respect to GBA's growth goals.
- Accredited Professional Degree in Architecture (B.Arch, M.Arch, and/or D.Arch)
- Architectural license in good standing within home state
- 10 years experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, laboratories, advanced manufacturing is preferred.
- Exceptional collaborator, ready to partner with a small team
- Knowledge of FDA and EU pharmaceutical standards is an asset
- Good report and technical writing skills
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Bluebeam, Sketch up, or other 3D software experience a plus.
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment with clients and colleagues.
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
- Flexible and willing to assist with multiple tasks.
- Develop and maintain client confidence in our staff and operations by maintaining a high level of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and performance
George Butler Associates is a multidiscipline top-10 engineering firm in the Kansas City Metro with regional offices scattered from coast to coast. We have 7 affiliated companies that provide client and project solutions while servicing our clients through a single point of contact. We are culture driven, hence why we were voted 2022 Best Companies to Work for! Our people are ambitious, passionate, and committed to creating high-quality, imaginative projects.It's More Than Just A Job...
At GBA Builders we are innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life through our diversified services.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA Builders employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.