College Board - Finance Division
About the Team
The Investments and Strategic Initiatives (I&SI) team is highly visible within the College Board and provides exceptional opportunities for professional growth.We will be a small team of 4, all with deep commitment to providing financial and strategic analysis and advice to enable major business decisions at the College Board. The team is part of the College Board's larger Finance division and works closely with other divisions, including College Board's Advanced Placement (AP), SAT, and BigFuture programs.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Associate in the I&SI Group, you will play a critical role in shaping the College Board's long-term business strategy and ensuring our continued financial health. You will lead strategic initiatives and develop financial analysis that supports decisions related to investments, M&A transactions, and strategic partnerships. You will also have some responsibility for helping to grow the College Board's Impact Investment Program (IIP).
In this role, you will:
About you, you have:
- Develop analytical frameworks and complex financial models, including business case, buy-versus-build, valuation, financial impact, and return analyses.
- Partner with business leaders to provide analytical support to optimize strategic decisions.
- Research education sectors, develop landscape assessment, and analyze trends to identify new areas of growth for the College Board.
- Analyze potential acquisition targets and develop strategic rationale and risk assessment.
- Lead transaction processes and financial due diligence for acquisitions.
- Monitor existing portfolio companies and evaluate new investments in early-stage education technology companies for the College Board's mission investment program.
- Lead execution of equity investments in mission aligned education technology companies.
- Build and maintain financial models to support the College Board's long-term financial planning process.
- Lead new processes to enhance the management of cash, short-term investments, and working capital.
- Oversee and manage our existing credit facilities and banking relationships.
- Create effective presentation materials and financial reports for senior management and Board members.
- A strong interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students
- A Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant and progressive experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or another related field
- Extensive experience in financial modeling; advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills coupled with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- An ability to succinctly summarize complex financial analysis and present key findings to senior management
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and investments
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly motivated with a strong interest in process improvement
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Proficient research skills
- Some prior M&A experience (Buy-side preferred)
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
This job has expired.