For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
PQ Corporation Performance Chemicals is now searching for a Senior Buyer to be based at our headquarters office in Malvern, PA.
- We are not offering relocation or visa sponsorship for this role at this time.
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
The Senior Buyer shall perform assignments related to the procurement of Raw Material and Utilities for Company's North American plants. The Buyer shall work with multiple disciplinary teams to deliver an optimized solution from a cost, quality, delivery, and risk standpoint to the manufacturing plants. The individual must be self-motivated and have strong communication skills, strong knowledge of chemical industry, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to work closely with others.
Primary activities include:
- Acting as the 1st point of contact for suppliers; Maintaining and expanding a network of suppliers
- Monitoring developments and changes in the market; Looking for alternatives and savings in purchasing; Presenting proposals and options to management
- Lead the procurement effort related to Raw Material and Utilities including supplier identification, prepare and issue inquires, execute bidding, perform quotation analysis, identify total acquisition cost, legal review, and contracting
- Solicit supplier's quotations; Prepare bid tabulations, review it with management, and suggest best suited qualified bid; Negotiate favorable agreements to obtain best terms and conditions for the Company; Issue purchase orders in accordance with established policies and procedures; Negotiate and issue blanket purchase orders for repetitive-type requirements
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, and Company's standards, values, audit rules, laws, etc.
- Manage and monitor suppliers in all aspects; including but not limited to: positive relationship development, supplier performance, compliance with delivery obligations and contractual agreements, handling complaints, monitoring supplier financial status and viability, audit price and contract, etc.
- Manage price adjustments, purchasing records, and contracts in the Company's systems and administration
- Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders, and compliance with legal requirements and Company policy. Resolve supplier non-conformance issues in a timely manner to minimize the Company's exposure.
- Communicate, follow-up, and maintain the commercial agreements related to plant sites
- Taking care of procurement matters with internal and external parties
- Understand the key objectives and the profiles of the commodity as well as develop and regularly maintain the Raw Material Commodity Strategy; present it and review it with the Company's management on the annual basis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- 5-7 years in an industrial manufacturing Buyer role required
- Strong computer software knowledge (Excel, Word, MS Project)
- Knowledge of SAP purchasing and maintenance modules preferred
- Strong awareness, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Aligning own efforts with the needs of internal and external customers
- Being able to persuade others to adjust their thoughts, plans, beliefs, views, or behavior in the desired direction
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement work processes and solutions
This job has expired.