Senior Data Scientist – Defense & Intelligence
Home Office: Chantilly, VA
Clearance Required: Top Secret
People Centered. Data Driven
Elder Research Inc. is a Data Science, AI and Machine Learning consulting firm specialized in providing analytic solutions to clients in Commercial and Government industries. Providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies across numerous industries, our team enjoys a great variety in the type of work they do and exposure to a wide range of techniques and tools.
We are trusted advisors to our clients, building lasting relationships and partnering as preferred analytics providers. We use a variety of programming languages and tools to create analytic solutions, often fitting within our clients’ environment and needs.
Join our team and find great opportunities to hone your analytic skills, work on complex problems with amazing teammates, and gain valuable analytics consulting experience.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our team! Ideally, this candidate would have technical leadership experience “solutioning”. In this role, you will work directly with clients, managers, and technical staff to understand business needs, develop technical plans, and deliver data-driven analytical solutions that solve client problems. You will primarily create and deploy predictive models from a wide variety of data sources and types using the latest analytical methods.
- Experience with data solution pipeline: ongoing efforts to find gaps in program capabilities, design and implement technical solutions that create value for the customer.
- Experience experimenting with modeling approaches to assess suitability given set of business constraints, available data, and project timeline.
- Advise on how to mature and grow technical approaches for large data science program.
- Interest in keeping up to date with applied research to know what is possible and what we can apply for customer.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Experience communicating technical results to clients with varying levels of analytic sophistication.
About Elder Research, Inc
- A current TS/SCI active within the past 2 years (polygraph preferred, but not required)
- Experience with data wrangling of large datasets using commercial or open-source data science tools and big data frameworks such as Apache Spark.
- Experience with NLP and/or graph analytics preferred but not required.
- Proficient in writing reusable code in Python and SQL to refine through code review and discussion
- BS or MS in Operation Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science role.
Elder Research is a fast-growing consulting firm specializing in predictive analytics. Being in the data mining business over 20 years, we pride ourselves in our ability to find creative, cutting-edge solutions to real-world problems. We work hard to provide the best value to our clients and allow each person to contribute their ideas and put their skills to use immediately.
Our team members are passionate, curious, life-long learners. We value humility, servant-leadership, teamwork, and integrity. We seek to serve our clients and our teammates to the best of our abilities. In keeping with our entrepreneurial spirit, we want candidates who are self-motivated with an innate curiosity and strong teamwork.
Elder Research believes in continuous learning; each week the entire company attends a “Tech Talk” followed by an office lunch. Elder Research provides a supportive work environment with established parental, bereavement, and PTO policies. By prioritizing a healthy work-life balance - with reasonable hours, solid pay, low travel, and extremely flexible time off - Elder Research enables and encourages its employees to serve others.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Elder Research is a Government contractor and our positions require US Citizenship.