This job has expired.
Senior Director of Financial Reporting & Compliance
The Senior Director of Financial Reporting & Compliance will be responsible for leading the Company's external reporting activities, technical accounting and regulatory accounting, and the internal control SOX compliance program.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, etc., ensuring all financial information is in
compliance with the applicable US GAAP framework and SEC rules and regulations
* Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar and monthly closes, including
coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, operations, legal and investor relations departments
* Review and provide feedback on internal and external communications, including board
presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations
* Lead the preparation of annual standalone subsidiary financial statements in accordance with
* Collaborate with external auditors, pension specialists, valuation experts and other third
parties on various accounting and reporting matters
* Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting
rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and
* Lead the simplification and standardization of accounting policies and procedures that ensure
the highest level of operational efficiency for business units, while maintaining appropriate
internal controls and compliance with US GAAP
* Monitor emerging guidance from regulators and financial reporting trends within the industry to proactively communicate impact to leadership
* Research guidance, prepare accounting memos, and work with external auditors to align on key areas, including but not limited to regulatory accounting, stock based compensation, pension, debt, and business combinations.
* Enhance period-end financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the
* Improve the regulatory accounting business process and build strong collaboration between
the Accounting & Finance team, the Rates department and other departments impacted by Public Utility Commission orders
* Prepare and review testimonies to the Public Utility Commission related to various accounting and reporting matters
* Lead the review of various contracts with third parties and the related accounting and reporting implications for the company
* Lead the company's implementation of new accounting standards by evaluating the impact of new and emerging accounting standards.
* Lead the execution of the company's SOX internal control program, including improvements to our internal control environment
* Participate in Audit Committee quarterly meetings and assist in the preparation and
presentation of Audit Committee materials