This job has expired.
Are you passionate about improving health outcomes in the Americas?
The Lancet Regional Health - Americas is a new OA journal, part of the Lancet's global initiative to advocate for health-care quality and access in all regions of the world. We are a small and friendly team handling a high volume of submissions while priding ourselves on offering a personalised service to the researchers who publish with us. The Senior Editor will work with a fellow Senior Editor and the Editor-in-Chief in all aspects of the organisation and preparation of the journal. You will encounter some of the best research in the Americas, collaborate with a regional and global authorship base, and get to work closely with other journal editors as well as our our production, marketing, communications, and administration.
As Senior Editor you will:
- Contribute critically to the selection of the journal content
- Identify experts to act as peer reviewers on selected submissions
- Commission and handle special project content as necessary
- Develop and maintain links with the regional health community to solicit high-quality research and thought leadership for the journal
- Attend conferences and other events, to represent the journal, to identify suitable topics and authors, and to keep up-to-date with current developments in regional health
- Higher degree in a relevant discipline (eg, public health, biomedical science)
- Research experience in a relevant field or experience in the wider development community
- Some editorial experience, with a good understanding of all aspects of the journal publishing process
- First-class critical analysis skills
- A genuine commitment to equity in health and health-care
- An unfailingly can-do attitude
For this particular role, we do not expect daily attendance in the office but believe that regular in-person team meetings can be beneficial for us all. You will have a clearly defined schedule of work, and the way you use your weekly hours to complete it will be up to you.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.